2020 Free Agents

The Lions could fill a lot of holes in free agency which should allow them to get the BPA in the draft. It also wouldn’t surprise me if they pursue some ex Pats like Collins/Shelton.

KC Jones for $15M/yr might be doable…Lions need at least 1 Elite DT in FA, period. Pairing Jones with Hand/Strong & FSU’s Wilson in the 2nd Rd ,would give the Lions a Solid DT Group. It would also allow Quinn flexibility in trade down scenario from #3 to #5, to have the option to draft OT Thomas, CB Okudah, WR Jeudy, or DE Espenesa… OR, OR, OR, Quinn could go Conservative and stick with Auburn’s Brown at #5 and be done with it. Going a different direction from DT Wilson in the 2nd Round, if Quinn wanted the BPA at DT in the 2nd Round…

Also, am warming up to the IDEA, assuming the Pre-Draft Hype on drafting a QB by other QB needy teams may, may, result in Quinn being able to secure the Fin’s #25 Pick, instead of the Fins #39 Pick, assuming the Fin’s want to move on from QB Fitzpatrick and Tua is available. If Tua stays at Alabama for 1 more season, then the demand for QB Hebert will be even more intense. Fins have the most draft choices available and have shown in the past they are ready to throw around draft picks indiscriminately to fit their perceived needs/desires…

GOALPOST

Jones will cost more than 15m per IMO

I’d think he’d get more money than Flowers did so maybe 18m per

The Lions definitely need an upgrade at right tackle. I personally would like to see Decker moved there and a better left tackle brought in. But if that’s not doable, a very good RT target in my opinion is Jack Conklin with the Titans.

Went to U-M, is from Michigan, and is their starter on the right side. And did you see how well Derrick Henry did this year, and Ryan Tannehill in the second half of the season?

1 Like

He went to MSU, but your point is noted. I just looked up a quick video of Henry runs from 1 single game and #78 looks like he can run block very well.

Same position but he’s WAY more talented than Kennard.

1 Like

I remember when JR was in love with Conklin and said he would be a top 10 pick in the draft back when nobody else was calling it.

1 Like

I also don’t mind the idea of going for ILB Danny Trevathan of the Bears or Blake Martinez of the Packers.

Both are better than what we have (Tavai hasn’t shown me anything yet), should not command top dollar, and in addition to improving your team, you’re weakening a rival.

No reason to believe Trevathan won’t be fully recovered from that elbow injury suffered against the Lions.

I feel like I am a kid making my Christmas list. I ran out of paper. Our obvious needs are DE, CB, WR G and a RB wouldn’t hurt.
We will have some cash so I would like to make at least 1 slash move (over-pay for a big name). Obviously Bud Dupree would be that kind of guy at a position of need. There are a few CBs who could improve our team. I like Tre Waynes (hurt Minni in the process). but would be happy with Bradley Roby or even Macenzie Alexander. as depth potential starters, James Bradbury or Daryl Worley (Both big like Quinn likes). I really like Robby Anderson WR combination of young, experienced and a playmaker. Breshad Perriman would be a little cheaper and a welcomed addition. Andrus Peat from NO would be a nice guard, the splash might be B Sherff. Actually resigning Glasgow is looking better, a lot of FA are old or restricted. and for depth maybe Dakota Dozier. Brett Jones is listed as a C but he played all over the line in college and has matured to the pro game so a guy like that seems to fit Quinn’s mo. He isn’t a stud but he can fill any hole if need be. Running back obviously Derrick Henry is the new beast mode but he will get big$$$. K Drake would be a guy I was willing to overpay a little because he is a well rounded back and still young.

I really liked Brett Jones coming out. Not my idea but a good one. I think a considerable portion of our loose change is going to re-sign a couple of our players, so Conklin and Brett Jones might be affordable OL fixes, especially if we release Wagner and can’t sign Glasgow.
I like Derrick Henry, too.