2020 NFL Draft rumors: Detroit Lions really like Derrick Brown

Let’s hope this is smoke. Would rather burn a second round pick on DT Blaylock that take Nick Fairley II.

1 Like

It’s all gonna change when Chase Young is there at 3!

I’m still saying Tua goes 2 to a team that trades up!

2 Likes

I don’t like Brown at all but its absurd to compare him to Fairley

6 Likes

I was being a bit facetious because they both went to Auburn.

1 Like

I like brown to lions… but not at 3… now at 5 meh i guess. But at 6-9 with multiple trade downs and a few added 2nds? Now there i like brown as a lion

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be upset with Brown after a trade down.
He seems to fit what they want in a DT.
I would be upset if they stayed at 3 and passed on a trade down to take him.

2 Likes

If the Lions were to take Brown at 3 it’s be a clear tell on their perceptions of the rest of the top D guys in the draft
Taking a DT at 3 would be highly unusual no?

I’d be shocked to see it.

me too

Less unusual than a CB i would think

3 Likes

2 DTs went top 3 in 2010 :blush:

2 Likes

Well I guess if were going to play with two defensive lineman to get the QB they better be good ones :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I think so. More valuable if they can get to the QB. But there seems to be a debate on how good he can do that.

Still…

1. Young
  2. Double trade down
  3. Trade down
  4. Tua
  5. Brown
  6. Simmons
  7. Wirfs
    Don’t. Okudah
2 Likes

Switch 5/6 and we have the same brain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Derrick Brown’s tape is unbelievable against the best players college football has to offer. Even the Alabama tape that gets so often put forward as a bad game… go and watch the full game. Brown was fantastic. He came out on top 90% of the time against a line full of future NFL players. The problem is that, like Okudah against Clemson, Brown had a couple of high-profile gaffes… or, I don’t even want to call them gaffes: he guessed wrong and wound up on his ass. But watch the rest of that game, watch the all-22, and tell me how you can come out of it thinking he had a bad game.

There’s a reason all the experts love him.

3 Likes

I’ll be sick to my stomach if we take him at 3.

1 Like

Same feelings with Okudah.

1 Like

You know what’s crazy? …Fairley was probably the better prospect and yet he still didn’t get drafted until pick 13. Fairley ran a 4.84 forty at 308lbs and Brown, well he still hasn’t finished his forty yard dash, he’s still running it, only person at the Combine still, sad.

1 Like

Brown is far superior to Fairley. Starting with that he can think.

2 Likes