2020 Opponents

Home/Away - Packers, Bears, Vikings
Home - Saints, Buccaneers, Texans, Colts, (Giants or Redskins whoever ends up in last place)
Away - Carolina, Falcons, Titans, Jaguars, Cardinals.

11 wins & a home playoff game!

1 Like

Call me a whatever you want but I am hoping for the same thing…

1 Like

4-12 until I see FA and the draft.

2 Likes

We’ll probably go undefeated, though I suppose it’s possible that we lose a game.

3 Likes

Booo fish, it’s Christmas. At least give them 5 wins. :crazy_face:

11!

1 Like

3 - 12 - 1

This time we come back to tie Ariz.

If was up to me, I’d give them 19!

1 Like

I thought teams don’t play non-conference and NFC non-division opponents back-to-back years? When did it change?

We have been playing Az like a semi division foe.
16 times out of the last 21 years.

1 Like

Each year they play the entire division of each NFC other 3 divisions (East, South & West) on a rotating basis and they play a different AFC 4 divisions on a rotating basis. Between the six games against NFC North division opponents each year plus eight more games (4 against a different NFC division and 4 against a different AFC division) that’s a total of 14 games. The last two games are record based against the same conference opponents based on their finish in the division standings from the prior-year. In 2019 for example the Lions played against the entire NFC East and the extra two games were against the last place team in the NFC south from the previous year which was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the last place team from the NFC West which was the Arizona Cardinals.

Next year the NFC North will play all the teams from the NFC South and because the Lions finished last then they will play one team from the NFC East that finishes last (either the Giants or Skins) and one team from the NFC West which finishes last. the NFC West last place finisher is once again the Arizona Cardinals so they will play for the 4th year in a row for those reasons. And here’s the kicker, in 2021, the NFC North division will play all of the NFC West Division again so the Lions will be playing the Cardinals for the 5th year in a row that year :slight_smile:

In fact, the Lions have played the Cardinals every single year beginning in 2012 through now and continuing into 2021 with the exception of one year which was 2016

So it’s possible to play the same team year after year from the same conference , but different division, for that reason.

5 Likes

Interesting post.

Thanks for the info cd! I never knew that.

Part of me says “oh cool, the Panthers, Falcons, Titans and Jags games are all short flights to games I could attend.” But then the other part of me asks, why?

4 Likes

I just got a ton of Lions paraphernalia for Christmas, some of it personalised with my name so I can’t return it.

Looks like I’m in for another year, I’ll probably make that trip to Arizona

2 Likes

[quote=“Wrath-SRT, post:16, topic:2989, full:true”]
I just got a ton of Lions paraphernalia for Christmas, some of it personalised with my name so I can’t return it.

Looks like I’m in for another year, I’ll probably make that trip to Arizona
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

3 Likes

Which part of you wins there?

1 Like

Same here bro. Even my secret Santa at my job knew to get me lions stuff.:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Its going to depend on how the schedule lays out (dates and times). My chick wants to attend a game at every NFL stadium.

3 Likes