Albums you think don’t have a single bad song on them

Just the opposite of Cub, in thinking the '80s were the weakest decade. Started with the backwash of disco and the advent of “hair” bands that these ears could hardly tell apart. Straight out rock 'n roll was scarce compared to other eras. Same with punk which became a death rattle after a grand '70s stint. New wave also started and was 75% crapola.

With that being said, rap laid its roots here and flourished through to the '90s. But then again, modern country raised its talent void genre back to radio waves also. Grunge saved the decade , but it was in the '90s where it shined.

This is my opinion. There are many like it but this one is mine.

1 Like

I’m just going to share this because, really, you all deserve a nice treat for having endured a cold, wet Monday. Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Isn’t his iconic guitar in the HOF in Cleveland?

Looks like it. (I’ve never been there)

1 Like

I’m glad somebody brought up Stevie Ray Vaughan.

2 Likes

Best guitarist to ever come out of Texas, not named Danny Gatten.

Look up his album “88 Elmira St.” .

Your welcome…

1 Like

Dammit I love him.

I had a chance to go see SRV in a small venue (1000 seat bar) for $4 and have always regretted not going.

Anything from Yngwie J. Malmsteen!!!

Uuuuuuuuuuugh!!!

At least two Bob Marley records qualify, I think. Exodus and Uprising are both wall-to-wall quality.

no Aerosmith or U2 fans ? Interesting. No Tom Petty ?

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Boston - Self Titled Album
Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Green Day - Dookie
Foo Fighters - The Colour and Shape
Reel Big Fish - Turn The Radio Off
Sublime - Self Titled Album
Blink 182 - Dude Ranch
2pac - All Eyez On Me
Garth Brooks - Ropin The Wind
Zac Brown Band - The Foundation

Mind my scattered musical taste.
I didn’t go by my favorite albums, instead went by easiest ones to just hit play and sit back. Of course it all lines up with some of my favorite musicians.
Chili Peppers were a huge part of my life and really takes the edge off with their funk-rock mashup.
Sublime, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated bands of the 90s. And if it wasn’t for Nowells passing, they’d have been considered one of the best of all time. Love their raggae-ska-rock mix.
2pac will go down as the greatest lyricist/poet I’ve heard. I’ve got countless books filled with poetry (one signed by himself) he’s written that really makes you appreciate hip hop and what it used to be.

1 Like

That one Sublime album was on at every college party it seemed like.

1 Like

Breaking Benjamin Saturate
Linkin Park Hybrid Theory
Sublime sublime

Their 40oz. To Freedom Album is close to being on the same level minus the quality of the recording.
Gotta give it to Nowell for doing what he did to make that album happen though.
Breaking into a local university after midnight to take on that whole thing is very impressive.
He also gave Gwen Stefani her big break by letting her band play at his parties. They also collaborated in the song “I saw red”.
Huge respect for that mans musical drive and passion.