Antonio Brown's pity party continues, as he blames everyone else for downfall in tweets

Antonio Brown’s pity party continues, as he blames everyone else for downfall in tweets

Frank Schwab

Frank Schwab

December 11, 2019, 12:33 PM EST

Antonio Brown desperately needs new hobbies

Yahoo Sports Videos

Scroll back up to restore default view.

It’s hard to blame the whole world for everything you’ve done in the span of one tweet, but don’t underestimate Antonio Brown.

Brown is out of the NFL and his erratic behavior is the reason why. His erratic behavior since being cut by the New England Patriots is one of the reasons he hasn’t resurfaced, despite being in the prime of a phenomenal football career.

Brown went on another tweeting binge Wednesday — he probably needs a new hobby — and managed to blame the NFL, media, NFLPA and agent Drew Rosenhaus all in the span of 280 characters. And then in other tweets he ripped Ben Roethlisberger (again), the NFLPA (again) and took a shot at numerous NFL players who have been arrested.

Antonio Brown blames everyone

Let’s start with the oddest tweet, which depicts Brown in an ancient battle with Rosenhaus and NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith looking on. He also posted it to Instagram and deleted, but screenshots live on:

Steven@StevenFromNJ

@mikefreemanNFL yeah ummmm it’s over

View image on Twitter

11:35 AM - Dec 11, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Steven’s other Tweets

The caption read: “The owners sent the hit to the media ; media carried it out; as The agent and nflpa witness me go down no help no protection full take down on us every time !”

It has been rare to find tweets in which Brown acknowledges his missteps. It wasn’t like the media is what caused the Pittsburgh Steelers to deactivate him for last season’s finale and trade him. The Oakland Raiders were amazingly patient through his various drama, including his well-documented tantrum with the NFL over his helmet. Rosenhaus went on ESPN to defend Brown after rape allegations were made.

But Brown is the victim. Just ask him. And he had more to say.

Antonio Brown had plenty to say on Twitter. (David Santiago/Miami Herald/Tribune News Service via Getty Images)

Brown had other inflammatory tweets

Among the highlights of Brown’s tweets Wednesday, he insinuated the NFL was racist (which he has done before, and then just came out and said the NFL was racist).

AB :heavy_check_mark: @AB84

Guess all mighty @nfl can hold players out against there will no criminal charges pending nothing but
A Caucasian player gets a domestic go to jail still out there playing targeted hate against us everywhere my peeps

10:42 AM - Dec 11, 2019

5,671 people are talking about this

He called Roethlisberger a “loser.”

Check his stats before I came n I was done with that loser long time ago https://twitter.com/ab84gm/status/1204792893745123329 …

myles smollet, jussie garrett@Ab84Gm
Replying to @AB84
Ab a real loser . Big Ben made that bum . Soon as Ben was done with him he was out the league

11:02 AM - Dec 11, 2019

3,783 people are talking about this

He posted a list of NFL player arrests and said they were still working in the league, ignoring that the first guy on the list, former Dolphins running back Mark Walton, was cut right after another domestic violence accusation.

These guys still working we know life not fair but targeted hate get intervention filed @NFLPA pic.twitter.com/7NeiWjvorK

— AB (@AB84) December 11, 2019

He took another shot at the NFLPA.

Let me get my lil bread get out y’all way @NFLPA we know y’all stealing

10:52 AM - Dec 11, 2019

518 people are talking about this

It’s not like Brown doesn’t make any decent points. The NFL has plenty of players with terrible things in their past still playing on Sundays. The league has seemingly dragged on an investigation of the allegations made against Brown. The NFLPA hasn’t always been effective in protecting its players against the NFL’s large fines, inconsistent punishment and other methods of keeping players in check.

But when Brown looks closer at that picture of Roman times that he tweeted, he might find that his wounds are self-inflicted.

– – – – – – –

Frank Schwab is a writer for Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at shutdown.corner@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @YahooSchwab

1 Like

This moron is right where he belongs.

2 Likes

Too bad. He was a talent. Probably still is, but like most ‘victims’, his problems are self-planted, self-maintained and self reaped. He has a bumper crop, too. If there wasn’t so much stupid already in the world, he could have sold some of it. When I first heard that the Patriots tried to trade for him with Cleveland and they wouldn’t send him to New England, I didn’t think much of it. But after he was traded to Oakland and served up what, 2 or 3 helpings of his ‘special’ stupid out there, I was thinking maybe he did it on purpose. Get the Raiders to cut him and he could just go on up to NE. But then he took his stupid with him there, tried serving it and they didn’t want it either. The Browns did NE a favor and didn’t even know it. Oh well. They come and they go.

It’s a shame because I don’t remember him being like this when he first came into the league. He had a chip on his shoulder and worked to become one of the best receivers in the league…somewhere along the line he should have learned some humility, but instead he became more arrogant the better he got.

Now he is the best receiver not playing, and looks like a complete idiot.

AB has always been a bit of a headcase. He didn’t end up at Central Michigan because he was some overlooked underdog story. He ended up there because he couldn’t keep his head on straight. He was one of the best players in Miami, and was supposed to go to Florida State. He bounced around a bit, getting kicked out of one school for fighting a security officer. He ended up at CMU because the coach there was willing to take a chance on him, and they already had a connection thru the original recruiting process.

3 Likes

Children be children.
It’s not that hard to understand. Men don’t even start to grow up until they hit their 30’s.
Unfortunately, it’s like being stupid. You don’t realize you’re stupid until it’s too late.

Just a quick FYI correction. Prior to the trade to the Raiders, Antonio Brown previously had played his entire NFL career with the Pittsburgh Steelers not the Cleveland Browns :grinning:

Once reinstated (he will be) sign him in the off season , what the hell. Jones injured and FA, re-up Golloday.

I have to disagree. Brown is radioactive at this point. The Pats gave up on him and Josh Gordon this year. Gordon has already landed with the Seahawks. Brown is sitting at home sending deranged tweets about his martyrdom. It’s time to slowly back out of the room, and then dart out the front door and run like hell.

Side note- Really, autocorrect? I had to stop you twice from changing dart out the front door to fart out the front door? Please give me more credit than that.

Sadly - this has suicide written all over it… either deliberate or accidental.

Dude needs prayers … needs to find himself…

On top of all that, he was essentially homeless and on his own at one point in his mid-teens. That’s not exactly a stable base from which to grow as a human. Especially as a top-end athlete, which doesn’t lend balance to one’s life or perspective either.

This isn’t an excuse for him being an anus, but it does act as a lens for understanding what’s happening.

You sir, are correct. I on the other hand, have egg on me face.

Practicing for his new career in politics.