Anyone going to watch the NBA?

I didn’t watch the games last night but a few people I talked to were sickened and tired of the BLM movement and how the league has catered to the movement.

I really just wish they’d leave the politics and this out of the game and just play ball.

I’m not sure if I even want the NBA to know that I’m watching their product and just hope they lose enough money to realize that I’m not turning basketball on until they get rid of this.

1 Like

Hell no. Can’t stand the NBA. But BLM makes it even worse. Btw rip to Lewis and Cain they should be honoring them

1 Like

I was actually hoping to watch a few of the Pistons games, just because we haven’t had any sports to watch in so long…not anymore though, F the NBA!
Maybe that should be the new league name, the FNBA.

Nope - I prefer to go watch the dead animals on the side of the road rot…

1 Like

I’m glad they kneeled. Systemic racism is not a political issue. Its a human rights issue. It’s been made political by the powers that be.

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

I definitely watched and will continue watching. I don’t really pay attention to the other stuff.

Gonna watch because of BLM. Don’t really even like basketball

2 Likes

I’d watch the Pistons if they were still playing, but they aren’t so I don’t have a reason to.

Haven’t watched the NBA in years. Don’t see any reason to start now.

1 Like

Turned it on 15 minutes after it was supposed to start, a pre recorded virtue signaling video was playing, turned it off… tried 15 minutes later and it was a bunch of privileged dudes talking about being discriminated… turned it back off and didn’t attempt to watch a 3rd time. I’ll do the same with the NFL if it becomes more about a “movement” than it does about the game.

1 Like

I will not watch another second of NBA. NHL playoffs start tomorrow and I won’t be missing a second of it. NHL gets it right like usual… in each teams one exhibition game the 2 teams STAND together in solidarity of RACIAL injustice DURING anthem. Little- no pandering to BLM except from the Toronto Maple Leafs. They stand together for an exhibition game and that’s the end of it. No politics and the product will speak for itself.

4 Likes

Don’t give a shit about the politics, don’t know why any other sports fans do either.

I watch sports to be entertained by athletic competition. I couldn’t care less what they do before or after the games in regards to protests, anthem kneeling etc. It’s a free country, they can do what they want within the confines of the law.

The stuff that turns me off is the hypocrisy of people like Stephen Jackson with him supporting DeSean Jackson’s anti-Semitic rhetoric. Stuff like kneeling, raising a fist or painting BLM on the court doesn’t bother me one bit. All the power to them if they want to get a peaceful message across. It doesn’t effect their ability to play a sport in my eyes.

I’m preparing for two months of sporting bliss with the NBA and NHL playoffs. MLB looks to be finished within a week or so unfortunately, probably the same fate the NFL will suffer so I’m going to enjoy these next two months since this will likely be the last sports we see for a while once they end in early October.

3 Likes

I’ll also be shifting my focus back to hockey. I’ve always thought hockey players were the most “normal” of the athletes. Admittedly I’m biased being that I played hockey until about age 19. The NHL is the most diverse of any major sport in America and no one needs to do the virtue signal bs… they show up, play the national anthem, play the game, answer questions about the game, and go about their life… That’s how I prefer my sports.

1 Like

The NHL is not the most diverse sport. They are overwhelmingly white even moreso than the NBA black percentage. Soccer and MLB are the most diverse sports.

4 Likes

How many different countries are represented by players in the NHL? It’s not about color

2 Likes

Sure but if we’re talking about virtue signalling and in the context of the thread which is athletes speaking out against racial injustice (race), the NHL is one of the least diverse sports. It’s mostly white kids who grew up in relatively privileged backgrounds. That’s why you see less virtue signalling in the NHL in regards to racial and social injustice and thus is becoming from a huge NHL fan (Oilers fan).

1 Like

Tried to watch and was sickened by the NBA and will never follow it again. Call me shit on this and I don’t care. Fuck them and other sports will follow in my little world.

Just shut it al! Down for the year…

2 Likes

Hells to the NO! I love it when people who never served in Law Enforcement or the Military say “it’s not about the military,” it’s about social justice. I say to them, that is no different than some southern white guy telling a black guy that the Confederate Flag isn’t about slavery, but southern pride. It’s the same. effing. thing. What does every coffin that houses the body of a military member killed in service of our nation have in common??? What does it have draped on it again?? What did we stand and salute every morning and every evening as it was raised and lowered again?? Eff them!

They are sticking every military member and everyone who gave the final measure so that they can have the freedom to be flippant asshats in the eye, whether THEY think they are or not. Teams have found ways to support social justice and make their statements and show respect regarding our flag and service members, which are inexorably linked. The NBA and especially the freaking WNBA have it totally wrong and I hope they tank in a major way. If the goal is to bring people to their cause, they are doing anything but with this contempt and disrespect. Thank you, that is all.

1 Like

I’m sure this wasn’t your intention, but I’d reflect on that statement a bit. Perhaps some bias that you may want to become more aware of as it relates to “normal” (vs. “othering” of people) seeing that Hockey is the only predominantly white major sport. Nothing to be ashamed of. We all have tons on unknown biases that have been programmed in us over the years but it’s good to become aware of them and invite others to call them out when we see them.

1 Like