Asset Allocation

There is a lot of conversation brewing about what to do, or not do with Golladay… Tag him? Tag and trade him? Cut him loose for a comp pick? Sign him long term? So many options. Almost as polarizing as the Goff is our QB versus Goff as a stop gap bridge only debate.

Goff was the #1 overall pick, one the our GM knows quite well, one that lit up college football, one the was a recent NFL MVP candidate. He’s a multi time pro bowler, and he made it to a SB… he’s had a winning record all 4 years he’s been a full time starter.

Golladay was a 3rd rounder who made some wow plays in his rookie year. He played like a top shelf WR2 in 2018, and was a pro bowler that led the league in TD receptions in 2019 (year 3)…

They are easily 2 of our 4-5 most talented players and we pretend taking the #4 QB on the board or signing a pack of journeymen WRs is somehow more logical than rolling with two of the better players in the league at their positions, and players entering their primes…

———————————————————————

Let’s say the front office loves Micah Parsons, but they also really like D Dixon and A Smauel jr…

Personally I don’t hate signing Kenny and then drafting D Smith simply because I think Smith is a stud. I think it would give us better offensive weapons than Goff had in 2017 and 2018, or close to it…

That said, I’d love to draft Parsons and Dixon or trade down a bit and draft C Barmore, R Moore, Edge in rounds 1 and 2…

I don’t want to enter next year with Corey Davis at 12-13M, a mid rounder, and Cephus…

I want WR in round 1 or 2, regardless if KG is here or not. Doesn’t impact my draft at all.
First 3 picks…
WR
RB
OL
In that order. If KG is here…or…if he is not.

Don’t forget to diversify your bonds…

1 Like