Bevell, get us a Russell Wilson

While Bevell is still here with us, I really want us to take advantage of his abilities. I really want BQ and MP to allow him to draft HIS QB and make it HIS project. Any round, doesn’t matter, YOUR guy, YOUR project, make it happen.

I like Matt Stafford, I agree, he is the best we have ever had. But while Bevell is here, why not take advantage of his ability to evaluate talent and develop it?

1 Like

Stafford was having the best year of his career before the injury. He was among the best at his position in football. Barring legitimate concerns about his back, why try to go a different direction when this team has real concerns at other positions?

3 Likes

Right on - if it’s not broken…

IMO, if we’re gonna get a Bevell guy, let’s find a Lynch! If we let go of Matt for Wilson, we’d be downgrading.

2 Likes

His back is obviously a major issue. Imagine watching this season, and not thinking the Lions need to spend a real pick on a QB. LOL

Imagine watching this season, saying the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC. LOL

3 Likes

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Lions just went winless with their backup QBs.

This breaks down Matt Stafford…

Like I said, he is the best we have ever had and we could not pick up anyone on the street that would be an upgrade. What I am saying, is while Bevell is here, we should definitely think about allowing BEVELL to draft HIS guy and develop him. Make it his project.

2 Likes

Obvious to you…

Imagine someone not agreeing with my opinion…LOL (condescending tone and language)
Can you see where you innately feel your opinions matter more than others?
The whole “With all due respect” thing shows up consistently.

2 Likes

I would be alright with giving Bevell a project.

2 Likes

THANK YOU

What this team needs is a better backup QB. Hopefully Stafford will be able to start another long string of games played, but let’s also be honest — the guy has taken a pretty good beating for some years now and once you head north of 30, those hits take their toll. There’s no question that he is one tough SOB, and he needs to learn how to slide or ditch the ball and avoid the abuse, but as Jason said, this team has other needs.

1 Like

Cowherd hitting the nail on the head again. 11 years NO signature wins.

Now, that was a burn.:fire:

[quote=“BigNatty, post:8, topic:3078, full:true”]

Obvious to you…

Lol. Yeah… it’s not an issue at all. You’re trying too hard.

I’d hate to waste Stafford’s talent, when he’s most likely fine. If they believe he’s got back issues, the rest of the NFL would know about it too, and we’d lose him for nothing.

Also, I feel Bevell has proven himself to be creative, and shown an ability to use very different players than he had in SEA. He isn’t just another system guy that needs the right pieces. He doesn’t need a certain type of QB, just a good one.

1 Like

He did pretty good with Driskel and especially Blough.
Blough damn near beat Erin Rodgers and the Refs.

1 Like

why? Because you said so? Are you trying as hard or harder?
Learn…or just incessantly judge?
That’s an easy one - those who disagree w/my opinions are morons.

:slight_smile: all day…every day!

Keep iggn

1 Like

“Staffords back is most likely fine” LOL

Igg, maybe you didn’t notice, but, they just restructured Stafford?

1 Like

The only reason why Russell Wilson wasn’t a 1st rounder was because he was 5’-11”. Since that time, teams are not as fixated on height. So “finding” another Russell Wilson beyond the 1st round in the post Russell Wilson era…will be a tall task (hehe).

3 Likes