Bob Quinn saying the Lions need to find impact players throughout the draft

Dan Miller
@DanMillerFox2

4m

“Goals haven’t changed. Circumstances have but we can’t use that as an excuse” Bob Quinn saying the Lions need to find impact players throughout the draft.

All I can say is let’s hope so. Let’s hope this isn’t the same old mundane “smartest guy in the room” draft which led to some WTH picks.

This is why I think Simmons is definitely in play at 3!

He’s a playmaker unlike Okudah!

5 Likes

I laugh at these comments…“looking to find IMPACT players”…as opposed to seeking out non-impactful ones?

OF COURSE, we want good players, not bad ones.

That said, I’d have so much fun with that, if I were a GM. I would brag about every player and say we are purely looking for good players…not just good players but great ones…the type of guys that can help you win football games!

I’d have them all laughing with some playful mockery of bad questions…as well as good questions. Of course you don’t want to tip your hand. :wink:

My gawd, the offseason can be brutal. So excited for the draft.

7 Likes

WOW! Did he just come up with that !?! What a savvy approach, this may catch on fast.

3 Likes

This is more interesting:

Lions General Manager Bob Quinn said today that he’s had talks with other teams about trading down from No. 3, and those talks began at the Scouting Combine. Quinn said he’s open to it and expects to know whether it’s going to happen by Thursday afternoon. Quinn said he doesn’t believe he’ll be taking calls about trading the pick while the Lions are on the clock.

1 Like

WOW that baseball bat works !!! holy C#!t Bob don’t Give Away Our Trade Secrets !!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’ll add this as well to the thread.

My take is he’s not opposed to taking Tua. That’s assuming his medical record checks out clear. He mentioned about looking long term down the road. Okudah would be in the mix as well. I just think and believe taking Tua if no one offers a trade would be the best move and would buy his regime time :grinning:

Tate, Diggs, Snacks, Slay, Quin…

Here’s Quinn’s response, even mentioning Martha.

4 Likes

Same thing I thought…
Like I am supposed to say to myself. “Hey, why didn’t we realize this before?”

3 Likes

So stop reaching for slow players, BQ.

1 Like

Why does Quinn always show his hand?
Now all the other GMs are going to do this. :rage:

2 Likes

Lions players not buying into Matt Patricia’s teaching, ex-defensive back says

Former Detroit Lions defensive back Glover Quin ripped coach Matt Patricia and said that he was the one who was the problem in the team’s locker room.

Quin told 97.1 The Ticket on Wednesday that Patricia came in and tried to change the entire culture of the team. He called Patricia arrogant in the radio interview.

I SURE HOPE THEY DON’T DRAFT OKUDAH. THIS YOUNG MAN LOST HIS FATHER WHEN HE WAS YOUNG, AND I THINK HIM GOING TO THE LIONS WILL RUIN HIM. SERIOUSLY!

I hope he takes the trade down, even if the compensation is below average this year – which i expect it will be

2 Likes

I always wondered how Andy got that poster back up on the wall after he crawled through the wall?

Quinn can say whatever he wants, he just can’t back it up. I mean really, does anyone feel like Ragnow is an “impact” player? How about Tavai? Tavai’s stats his last year at Hawaii, 2 sacks, 5.5 TFL’s, 0 interceptions, 2 passes defended…does anything about those stats scream “impact” player to you? Just seems like they drafted him because of his size.

How about we get an “impact” GM instead!

1 Like

LOL.

1 Like

Darn good question Scott. Never thought of that before.

1 Like

Earlier in the movie, there’s a scene where Andy is starting to tunnel. The poster is taped, glued, nailed…whatever on top, but loose on the bottom. My theory is he taped some rocks on the back along the bottom. So it would hang like a drape and not rustle if someone walked by.

God, I scare myself sometimes with my movie nerdness.

2 Likes

I like the Family Guy version of the escape better.

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t mind that talking point. I’m sure if that phone rings early on when they are on the clock, he will take the call, but I like the idea of telling the other NFL GM’s “if you want the pick, give me a freaking offer. No need to wait till the last second”.

I think this is part of the reason he either reaches or just takes the super safe pick every year. He has the intention of trading down, but once he is on the clock, he just settles for the safest pick. This year it looks like maybe he will take a gamble on a real talent, but wants to have it figured out before the clock is ticking. Just a thought.

1 Like