Can we talk about Cobra Kai?

And my obsession?

I enjoyed it. It was really corny at times but I loved the idea that Cobra Kai became an outlet for “losers and misfits” to find a home and gain confidence in themselves. Hawk was my favorite character and his transformation was true to real life and how things work.

2 Likes

So it’s good? Wife and I just started watching the umbrella academy. Then we are debating about watching Cobra kai

The blonde guy just can’t let it go, aye?

How quickly the villain becomes your favorite character though …

1 Like

I haven’t started Umbrella Academy. I had to introduce my wife to Karate Kid, and now watching Kai again. Definitely worth your time.

1 Like

Check that show out too.

1 Like

I had very low expectations going in after watching the trailer which looked like a mindless spoof but boy was I wrong. It’s really funny, the characters have chemistry and the show has heart. I can’t get enough of it, mowed through 8 episodes in 4 days.

3 Likes

Same. I expected a corn fest. And to a certain degree, it is, but along with some genuine moments, awesome character development, great fight scenes, and surprisingly good storylines.

1 Like

Now I have to watch it.

1 Like

I recently started watching it. I’m a few episodes in. So far I like it.

Oh hell, wait, it’s a series? This may change things…

I liked it too, buddy

1 Like

Ohhh man Cobra Kai …me and my younger daughter started watching this we are a good 5 or 6 episodes in …It’s a train wreck of a show , some of the worst acting ever seen , these two main characters Daniel and Johnny are like high school kids in mentality…but old guy bodies.
It’s atrocious television …With that said I can’t turn it off and we are hooked …
Me and my daughter rewinded and watched Danielson kick a slurpee like product from a managers hand at a car dealership like 10 times …I almost pissed my self laughing and my daughter was crying with laughter .

2 Likes

It’s corny scenes like that that make it worth watching!

2 Likes

I concur. The corniness is actually well done.
I also like the 70s/80s music theme. Little Johnnie likes Boston - Don’t look back? Sold. One of my favourites.

1 Like

I agree but I think the only people who feel this way is people who watched the movies and can make the comparison and recognize how bad this show really is … If you were new to the Karate Kid this show would be turned off 15 min in .

Meh, it was a YouTube Red show with a ridiculously small budget. I think the point is that it’s supposed to be fun, not Academy Award worthy — so it delivers on exactly that. And anyone who is in their 30s or older and didn’t watch Karate Kid has been fucking robbed. They should never forgive their parents. That movie is a right of passage.

1 Like

I questioned myself for letting my 8 year old watch it. Predictably, he started getting physical at the wrong times with the wrong intents. Oh well, maybe we can revisit it later.

This is how I felt while watching it. It was clearly aimed at older people who had seen the movie, and not necessarily a younger, new audience.

2 Likes