Casserly has 5 CB's going in RD 1

Something to think about when we are talking who to take at 3, or in a trade down. In this draft, you are going to get to “not better than AmaniO” real quick according to this particular GM. Gladney is the next guy left probably. Okudah at 3, and Henderson at 16, then the run is on. Personally I don’t think the other positions we need to fill with high resources dry up as quickly as CB. IE better get your guy in RD 1, because you will be digging at the scraps after that.

You can name a bunch of other position players in the 2nd and 3rd that can start at positions for us. If we TD and get Okudah, we’ll get at least 4 swings at those areas. LB Chaisson, DT Blacklock, LDE Anae, and RG Ruiz for example. Maybe trade back up into the 3rd for CEH or Taylor at RB. 3 adds to the pass rush, upgrade RG and get an upgrade to KeJo in the backfield. Oh and Okudah for CB2.

Not a single RB.

I would want a big edge guy first in rd 2 if we go that way. I see in his mock A.J. Epenesa an Yetur Gross-Matos are gone I like Epenesa

There are few listed as DT that would fit with Lions in rd 2 who are big an fast Ross Blacklock…Jordan Elliott…Raekwon Davis…These guys would fit are DL an be like Hand . When you can control edge with size an quickness you can turn the smaller edge guys after the QB So if this draft worked out without TD i would take a RB or one of these DT’s

1 Like

If we TD w Miami and get 18, then Chaisson is in play and could play LDE or JACK, much like they do with Bryant, they have him practicing at both spots. I like him more as a JACK, moving Collins to WILL. More realistic is 26 where Gross-Matos and Epenesa are in play as more LDE’s. I’d be fine with this scenario coming out of the 1st with Okudah and an impact EDGE player that can start day one over who we have. Then we still have 3 picks left that gets DT filled, then I’m for RG and RB in round 3. Okudah/Gross-Matos/Blacklock/Ruiz/Taylor?

not a stretch in my opinion you have: Jeff Okudah , CJ Henderson , Harrison Hand , Bryce Hall,

Noah Igbinoghene , Cameron Dantzler , AJ Terrell & Trevon Diggs.