Chad Reuter's latest mock

1st - Chase Young, DE OSU

2nd – Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma

3rd – Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

3rd – Zack Moss, RB, Utah

4th – Netane Muti, OG, Fresno State

He thinks Young falls to us at #3. I say great unless somebody offers us a deal that is so good that we can’t refuse. As it is, I would’ve taken the best CB on the board at #35, and then taken the best RB I could with the 1st 3rd rd pick and then the best DT I could with the 2nd 3rd rd pick. No problems with Muti in the 4th.

With Chase Young on one side and Flowers on the other, this team finally would have the makin’s of a pass rush that makes the secondary that much better, the whole defense that much better, and even the whole team that much better.

1 Like

Agree with much of what you said. I think Gladney is easily one of the top 5 CBs in this draft and won’t be available in the 3rd. I like him better than Terrell or Fulton based on what I saw in college playoffs. I also believe the top 3 RBs will be gone by the 3rd, leaving Moss as a great consolation prize at that point. While DT depth in the draft looks good, I am still trying to decide who I think best fits the Lions scheme. I think Davis would be a good fit, but question if we have the coaches to get the most out of him. I’m cautious about Muti due to the injury history, here is a portion of what Draft Network had to say about him:

“Missed all of 2016 with an Achilles injury. Missed all but two games in 2018 with a ruptured Achilles. Played in only three games in 2019 before suffering a season-ending Lisfranc foot injury.”

For that reason I would not draft him until much later, a 6th round flyer?

All said, I’d be very happy with that draft save Muti. Replace him with Hunt, Lewis, Simpson, Stenberg, etc. and I’d call the draft a success.

1 Like

That would be a helluva draft!

I would be THRILLED

Me too and I didn’t have to look at the 3rd pick

I love getting Young. I think we could do better 2-4 personally. It’s certainly not a bad haul though.