Chase Young at 3 or trading down for more picks?

I’m thinking we can draft Young right off @ 3, then trade down BUT I’m not certain , because we can just trade down from the start as well. I’m a crumb bum here but just brainstorming . now I have set drafting A QB @ 3 aside, as I don’t see drafting a kid that isn’t instantly going to unseat Matt Stafford. IMO< they all need work, so I would take Chase instead. what are your thoughts??

I think you just watched Smokey and the Bandit on broadcast TV.

2 Likes

So i just did this draft. not sure how possible it is, but would love it.

Round 1 Pick 3: Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 14 (T.B.): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 3: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (A)
Round 4 Pick 3: Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 3: Ben Bartch, OT, St. John’s (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Lee Morris, WR, Oklahoma (A+)

I drafted Young at #3OA. Then traded back up.

I so did, back in the 80’s, but we flash forward to 2020 and I’m taking Chase Young @ 3. still funnier than hell Weasel, great to see you !!!

1 Like

But daddy, it’s too heavy when I load it with bullets.

2 Likes

what?

2 Likes

yeah still doesn’t explain what that has to do with drafting Chase Young @ 3. , I’m lost.

Not again

yeah mouse guess what , when ‘I’ don’t understand the joke or meaning /intent of something?
I ask questions. I ask about Chase Young and get Smokey and the Bandit references. to which I didn’t understand the gist of it. maybe it’s the cop “chasing” The Bandit that’s the pun, but I have no idea.

I want to trade down in ANY scenario except if young is there… then you take him. Look what Bosa did for sf defense, we could get that impact

I’m just joking to cub.

yeah mt I feel the same, either get young or trade down pick up extra picks and start making defensive improvements, if we can land 5 pretty damn solid defensive players and a few Offensive to strengthen/help it? best you can ask for IMO. I just wonder if Quinn is going to open up the checkbook to get some difference-makers the Lions haven’t had…that dude makes me nervous.

Hopefully his job is on the line so no more “smartest man in the room” bs

This place would implode if CY falls to 3 due to a trade for TUA and Detroit takes Okudah.

3 Likes

I’ve watched both , every single game they have played . Taking Okudah over Young would not disappoint me. If both were available at #3…it would be a nice problem to have …I love Okudah and if we could trade down to # 4 and still land Okudah because the Giants covet Young and pick up some picks I would like it even more
Is Young the prospect Bosa was …I think a tad below . If we did not rush 3 as much as we do I would also be more up on Chase Young . If we do not lock up Slay or if we move him, more so I would lean towards Okudah …my Dream scenario is walking away from this draft with Dobbins and one of those two .
If Washington trades with the Redskins and QB goes 1 & 2 the 3 pick could land a ransom for Herbert or Tua which ever is left …I think we could actually get more in this scenario with 2 QB’s being gone .

1 Like

Weasel had made a comment about watching Smokey and the Bandit.
I’m sure his comment was because you said “crumb bum” in your original post.
Buford T Justice used the term “crumb bum”, that’s why he said you had watched Smokey and the Bandit.
I shared a funny line from the movie.

None of this has to do with Chase Young. It was a failed attempt at humor. My apologies.

2 Likes

Correct. The only place crumb bum has ever been heard to my knowledge is the broadcast TV censored version of Smokey as a cover for sumbitch.

To drive this further into the tangent stratosphere, I would have liked to see Jackie Gleason swear at Art Carney like that in the Honeymooners…Carney was an impovisational genius and to see him riff off that would be gold, in a Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder kind of way.

1 Like

Great. Now I have to go watch Smokey and the Bandit…again…for like the 20th time…

Ain’t nobody got time for that!

1 Like

Cincy has passed on Mahomes, Watson, L. Jackson and Haskins in the last 3 drafts. I do not think they are a lock to go QB.

What if Cincy takes Young and Wash trades with Mia or What if Mia trades up to number two and then too number 1. they draft Burrows and Cincy takes Young at 2.

I can’t see a reason why the remaining QB needy teams would trade up.

I see this as the worst case scenario so it is likely what will happen.

1 Like