**College Football Bowl Game & Playoff Thread**

I figured I’d start an all inclusive thread to talk about any and all bowl games. Obviously talking about prospects is fine as well.

I’m really looking forward to Saturday 12/28. Everybody knows I’m a Spartan and that’s where I went to school, but 2 teams I’ve picked up along the way after living near them is LSU and Clemson.

Michigan Teams
Central Michigan lost to San Diego St 48-11
Eastern Michigan vs Pittsburgh on 12/26 @ 8pm
Michigan State vs Wake Forest on 12/27 @ 3:20pm
Western Michigan vs Western Kentucky on 12/30 @ 12:30pm
Michigan vs Alabama on 1/1 @ 1pm

Notable Games
Oklahoma St vs Texas A&M on 12/27 @ 6:45pm
USC vs Iowa on 12/27 @ 8pm
Memphis vs Penn State on 12/28 @ NOON
Notre Dame vs Iowa State on 12/28 @ NOON
Florida vs Virginia on 12/30 @ 8pm
Utah vs Texas on 12/31 @ 7:30pm
Minnesota vs Auburn on 1/1 @ 1pm
Oregon vs Wisconsin on 1/1 @ 5pm
Georgia vs Baylor on 1/1 @ 8:45pm
Cincinnati vs Boston College on 1/2 @ 3pm

Playoff Games
Oklahoma vs LSU on 12/28 @ 4pm
Ohio State vs Clemson on 12/28 @ 8pm
Winner vs Winner on 1/13 @ 8pm

1 Like

Looks like a 1-4 mark for the state coming right up.

You can always count on the Chips to get curb stomped against a decent non-MAC team

I’ll be at the Michigan game! Hope it’s not too ugly.

2 Likes

There is a two week gap in the playoffs? Have they done that in the past? Seems like a bad idea.

Awful game time for MSU. I think Uofm will pull the upset.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

Think UM gets hammered, doubt they can stop Bama’s offense, hope I’m wrong but I don’t see it.

Nice brawl at the end of ESU/Pitt…

I let God and my family down!

As a EMU alumnus and Lions fans.

Ford Field is a house of horrors.

1 Like

Come on Temple, you can do it!
Nah! They’re done.

Michigan State is doing everything they can to give this game away,

1 Like

You watching what Iowa OT Tristan Wirfs is doing against USC?

The guy across from him looks like he’s on rollerskates, every play.

Wirfs is a mauler. Concerns are if he has the foot speed to keep up with speed rushers. Also have seen him lunge and miss in the run game.

1 Like

Wirfs can play either OT position, he played RT because Alaric Jackson was more comfortable at LT. He’s only 20 years old, he turns 21 in January. He looked good yesterday, in fact it was the best I have seen of Nate Stanley, Smith-Marsette and AJ Epenesa all season as well. On the reverse where Wirfs was down the field taking out the CB he just looked like a guy who wanted to hit somebody. It’s a good draft for finding an OT but he certainly made his case for being a high pick last night.

I was occasionally checking out the Utah State-Kent State game to see how Jordan Love looked. Well, he looked OK, had 3 TD’s and 1 int, not bad. Not good enough to win but not bad. The reason they lost was Dustin Crum. He was 21-26 for 289 yards and 2 TD’s, also not bad. But he also ran for 147 yards on 23 carries and had a TD rushing as well. It was Kent States first bowl victory ever, Crum is a junior so he’s someone to watch next year.

OK ST RB Chuba Hubbard had 158 yards on 19 carries, was hoping he might make it to the 3rd round but I don’t think so. I like Brown or Okudah for us in the first, hopefully after a trade down, and WR Claypool for us in the 2nd. He’s really come on after ND figured out how to use him in their O the 2nd half of this season. Claypool has 2 receptions, 1 for a TD, so far vs Iowa State right now.

1 Like

K Riley Patterson gets special teams player of the day award, 6 for 6 with a long of 51, he only had 2 misses this season. He’s a junior.

The Penn State backfield ran for almost 400 yards, Journey Brown was a highlight reel rushing 16x for 202 yards.

Claypool finished the game vs Iowa State with 7 receptions for 146 yards and a TD.

Omar Bayless had 9 receptions for 180 yards and a TD vs Florida International. It’s just one game but for the year he had 93 receptions for 1,653 yards and 17 TD’s. His total yards was #1 for a WR I believe. Looks like exactly what you use 5th round picks for.

1 Like

Lamb is nasty…what a catch.

Lot’s of good WR’s in this draft, and Burrow is just killing it for LSU. Not a great game to watch unless you like watching history being made.

1 Like

Burrow is the most accurate college QB I’ve ever seen. The guy is unreal. He’s like a bigger, faster and more accurate Drew Brees.

6 TD’s in the first half against Oklahoma.

2 Likes

If Quinn drafts any OU defensive players this year…

2 Likes