Eagles - L
Giants - L
Cowboys - W

Phins are 3-9 and play:
Jets - L
Giants - L
Bengals - W
Pats - L

With the second pick in the 2020 NFL draft the 3-12-1 Detroit Lions select…

But how to get to number one (and I don’t mean by drinking beers):

If we lose our currently we need the Giants, Phins and Skins to earn some wins

Giants (Currently the second pick) are 2-10 and play:
Eagles - W
Phins - L
Skins - L
Eagles - W

Redskins are 3-9 (currently the 3rd pick) and play:
Packers - L
Eagles - L
Giants - W
Cowboys - L

Phins are 3-9 and play:
Jets - L
Giants - W
Bengals - L
Pats - L

Bengals are 1-11 and play:
Browns-W
Patriots-L
Dolphins-W
Browns-W

With the first pick in the 2020 NFL draft the 3-12-1 Detroit Lions select…

1 Like

Since you brought it up…

I believe this team will likely lose out unless Stafford comes back week 17 and the packers sit a bunch of starters.

So if we end up with a top 5 pick.

What position do you think BQ would target the most?

What player do you think we might target that’s an immediate impact player. A real difference maker type?

In the top five we should take a DE, Young or Epenesa. Depending on how they feel about Decker they could consider a T like Wirfs or Thomas

I also really like Brown at DT but perhaps after a trade back. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him slide out of the top 10. If they trade back I’d also like to see them take a look at Diggs CB. Who knows, someone might be willing to jump up for Tua and we can stockpile some picks

I wouldn’t put it past them to take a CB in Okudah or even the WR Jeudy. Slay is probably tagged to leave and they will be looking for a MJ replacement

Target the top TE in the draft so the Lions can roll out the feared 2 TE offense.

1 Like

I guess if you see nothing wrong with drafting that TE, then you have the head coach you deserve.

The irony is delicious…

Regardless to who they pick, here’s my fear:

They’ll pick a ‘scheme-fit’ guy, then eventually get fired, and said player will not realize top-five pick value…

4 Likes

With the 2nd pick of the draft the Lions select Solomon Kindley from Georgia

1 Like

THAT has been a major issue all along, with this organization, especially with the OL

Kid from Duke is starting for SF
Reif is in MN
Warford is in NO

We’ve gotta get this figured out.

1 Like

I must say with Stanford’s back problems I wouldn’t be opposed to them drafting a QB to groom behind him for a year or two.

I agree we need to think about drafting a QB, but not in the top 5. Herbert and Tua aren’t worth the selection, IMO.

And not sure how we’re at 5. Tankathon has us at 6 but we’re tied with Arizona. I can’t remember if they use head to head for draft position or if the first tie breaker is SOS.

I went off ESPNs draft order site

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/27468789/projected-2020-nfl-draft-order-no-1-pick%3Fplatform=amp

Tyler Biadasz C, Wisconsin

Early in the season, I was hoping that tie wouldn’t come back to screw us, but this isn’t what I had in mind. Instead of screwing us out of playoff positioning, it’s screwing us on draft positioning.

The Lions will be underdogs in the rest of the games this season, and I can’t see them winning any of them. The Vikings will roll over the Lions today. The Bucs will score 40. The Broncos will scrape by in an offensive struggle, and the Packers will be fighting for a first round bye.
3-12-1
The Skins-Giants game in week 16 is important to the Lions. The Giants play Miami in week 15. Miami gets to play the Jets, Cin, also, so there is a great chance they get to at least 4 wins. If the Skins can’t beat the Giants, then they still get a shot at Dallas at the end of the season.
The Falcons might be able to squeak out a win against Carolina or Jacksonville.
Arizona is the team I am not sure will win another game this year. I could see them beating Pittsburgh this week.
I think there is an excellent chance the Lions get the #3 pick and a good shot at the #2 pick.

Lions doing their part.
Falcons, Skins and Dolphins hanging in there.
Maybe one of those teams can pull off the win.

Falcons doing their part. Up 30-10.

Yep and the phins are only down 1, hopefully they will pull it off

1 Like

I hope the Dolphins suck as bad as they want to suck.