Dak Reportedly Turned Down 5/$175 Million Deal

Biggest contract to a QB ever, averages $35 million/year. But he’s holding out for North of $45 million in the final season of the deal. He knows he can do this IMO bc Jerry Jones is a push over when it comes to his star players.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine he would get that on the open market. Jerrah might cave though, confirming that he doesn’t really have a clue. I will note that he has more money than I do…

3 Likes

Insane.

Dak …
nothing to say really
what is there to say?

1 Like

Dak is the 7th Rank QB in the NFL according to CBS. He made their TOP 100 players as a QB. Here’s the list of QBs. Actually, he should get more especially if Stafford got $35. He’s ranked better than Stafford

1 Mahomes
2 Wilson
3 Jackson
4 Rodgers
5 Brees
6 Brady
7 Prescott
8 Watson
9 Ryan
10 Cousins
11 Roethlisberger
12 Wentz
13 Stafford
14 Carr
15 Murray
16 Tannehill
17 Garoppolo
18 Allen
19 Bridgewater
20 Goff
21 Mayfield
22 Rivers
23 Darnold
24 Minshew
25 Tyrod Taylor
26 Foles
27 Fitzpatrick
28 Daniel Jones
29 Lock
30 Trubisky
31 Haskins
32 Stidham

Yeah give us that line, one of the best RB’s in the NFL and Amari Cooper and I’m sure Stafford could do ok too. I’d tell Dak buh bye. Like they should have done with Zeke instead of the money they dropped on him. Top level RB or no.

5 Likes

Not that it matters bc this isn’t about Stafford, but his contract averages $27 million/season.

NFL.com has Stafford as 8th best, Dak as 11th… Again, not that it matters.

3 Likes

I notice most of those guys played double digit games except Stafford…not that it matters. I actually forgot he miss half the season

Damn. That’s crazy. They should trade him and roll with Dalton

Even Cowboy fans don’t think he’s worth anywhere close to $35 million, but it is what it is.

1 Like

Cowboys and Dak’s agent are denying it. Hard to believe he would turn that down.

Saw a report earlier stating Daks contract negotiation issues aren’t about the dollars. Cowboys want him long term, Dak wants less years.

He doesn’t want a deal longer than 4 years, cowboys want the 5th year.

Maybe they could put together some sort of Hershcel Walker deal for Cousins?
LOL

2 Likes

“reportedly”. I don’t believe this to be honest. Teams and agents always leak bs reports on deals.

It came from Chris Simms…

I know from some people who are in the know that he’s been offered five years, $175 million,” Simms said. “He wants a four-year deal. If they do agree to the five-year deal they would like a really big number at the end of that fifth year to kind of cover their butts for what the market might be at the position five years from now and I’ve heard he’s asking for somewhere north of $45 million in that fifth year

According to PFT, Dak has all the leverage at this point because Dallas has basically put him in a Kirk Cousins/Washington situation. Worst case for Dak is he signs nothing and plays two years for more than $60 million guaranteed, and THEN hits the open market. So he can ask for the moon, because now Dallas has to do better than two years/$60 million guaranteed as a starting point.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/21/the-dak-prescott-negotiations-in-a-nutshell/

1 Like

Exactly, Jerry is going to give in, he always does. My guess is 4 years $150 million… Should make Mahomes happy

2 Likes

Just because Simms said it doesn’t make it 100% accurate…He’s being fed information, he’s not sitting in with the lawyers writing up the deal.

Also these numbers dont even mean anything until you see the structure of a deal. Lots of times total numbers are hugely inflated because the team has an out after 2 years. The more important number is usually guaranteed money.

I know you were quoting PFT, but the worst case is that Dallas/Jerrah compares Dak and Andy and makes a business decision that most of us non-gazillioniares would make.