Derrick Brown week 1 performance

I saw Isaiah Simmons stat sheet and the thread about him. I haven’t heard a single word from anywhere about Derrick Brown good or bad or otherwise. Any comments about his performance? I don’t even know if he played.

1 Like

availability is the best ability! Not sure when Okudah is scheduled to play.

Panthers Wire definitely doesn’t reflect their PFF grades.

Derrick Brown

2020 PLAYER GRADES

EDGE

OVERALL

Jeremy Chinn

2020 PLAYER GRADES

EDGE

OVERALL

1 Like

I wasn’t a big Brown fan. I think he is going to be a bust.
I wouldn’t have been happy with that pick either.

Brown played okay, nothing special. He showed his strength on college game film was real, but he needs some time in the league to get even stronger. The Raiders have the biggest, strongest line in the league so it was basically his toughest match-up of the year right out of the gates.

1 Like

Good find, tbh i just googled and posted the first thing i found lol.

I was a huge Brown guy at the draft. But like Okudah & Simmons never with the third pick. Would have taken Tua and force a response. But that is why I’m just a dumbass fan…

2 Likes

I watched this game in it’s entirety. Brown was invisible and did squat . He was manhandled by Richie Incognito (Tough match-up no doubt ) , did not have a single pressure and his run defense was horrible . I watched Richie drive him backwards several times and or seal him off with no issue in the run game , in the pass rush area he again could not get any pass rush going and was stone walled …he did bat a pass or two but literally it’s all he did .

To be fair, everyone says DT’s take a few years.

In hindsight, that may have been the best play. I think Miami would have come to the table. Then you are talking perhaps Okudah, then Chaisson. By taking your rush LB with a 1b you don’t need that 3rd round pick on Okwara. You still get Swift, then maybe you address DT with Madubuike, Gallimore or Elliot in the 3rd. Like all that better than Okwara/Swift/Okwara…

Penisini…

Cornell (IR)

You have my vote for Lion’s GM!