Did anybody see this?

Sounds like he’s dumping the poor play on the field squarely on the players. Which I think is fair to a certain extent, but I get the feeling the Lions are not doing as much in adjustments as they might, all I hear week after week is “fundamentals”. Which is coach-speak for the players fucked up.

I’d really like to see a write-up from somebody that explains why this defense isn’t even close to what it was once Snacks got here last year. Okay, injuries on the defensive side have really bit them hard, but dang, couldn’t they be doing some creative ways to get pressure on the QB?

1 Like

Sounds like he got extra raisins in his oatmeal this morning.

2 Likes

I don’t care what sites carry this topic, but it just FLOORS me to even hear him say “Lions Defense is Very Sound.”

He must be blind in one eye and can’t see out of the other. why in thee hell would you say that.??

1 Like

Like this on 1st and 10? Rushing 5, with Kennard, Daniels, Snacks, Atkins and Robinson

Know where it ends up?
15 yard completion with Snacks eating dirt. He lost his balance trying a swim move. LOL

Kennard ends up getting the closest thing to pressure there. The 4 300+ pounders were each promptly snuffed.

By the way, that’s Witten running away from Wilson (who’s doing his best impersonation of Melvin).

Yes, it’s personnel. PP is talking about just basic football. Need pressure for coverage to be good. Need coverage to be good for the rush to get home.

1 Like

This is what I’d do if I saw PP.

Of course I’m only kidding.

1 Like

C’mon Wolf, he was referencing the scheme, not the results

1 Like

when it all sucks, it don’t float with me. The scheme is garbage as well when your 30th-ranked defense. my two cents.

He can only use the players he has. Even the good players he has have been banged up all season.

2 Likes

Yeah, well in Canada we got rid of pennies some time ago
Listen to what you’re saying
It’s not working so everything sucks
Really?
You’ve never been part of a well planned fail that had factors you could not control?

1 Like

Really? I wish we did this year’s ago.

1 Like

notfishin is right, cubby. Sometimes you just don’t have the horses. They made some bad decisions this year and, frankly, Snacks isn’t even the player he was last year.

Our guys get no penetration whatsoever. We spend a lot of time complaining about the pass rush, but that lack of penetration is even more evident in the run game. We are worst in the league against 3rd-and-short type plays and we’re 2nd from the worst in reaching the RB in the offensive backfield.

Pennies are such a waste of time
Can you imagine… the cost to count/balance cash register money to the penny is always more than the money itself. Totally inefficient. There was ZERO backlash to rounding to the nearest nickel in Canada.
I see American pennies in our junk drawer and I want to throw them out

1 Like

FIFY :slight_smile:

This is of course true. I mentioned injuries earlier, and I do not doubt that a healthier Daniels and Hand and the rest of them would’ve resulted in a lot better results on defense. Flowers and Harrison started out the year at less than 100%, missed some or all of TC and weren’t in NFL physical condition. PSers like Strong and Atkins were pressed into service, and so the defense wasn’t really as good as it might have been. [Hafta wonder when the Lions are ever going to have a season where they are not hamstrung by injuries.] So, you roll with the available players you have, c’est la vie.

BUT - NFL coaches are supposed to adjust, create, find ways to compete. Maybe it’s true that they did just that, and the 3-6-1 record was as good as they could do considering who they were playing. Most of the time, the Lions hung in there for most of the game but couldn’t find a way in crunch time to stop the other guys. Sometimes I think we were gassed, and I don’t blame the coaches for that. But damn, when I see every week wide open receivers and nobody covering the RB coming out of the backfield, I gotta wonder WTF?

3 Likes

Kind of true
My wife and I mostly use my cc for everything now
Auto pays every month
And we’ve built up a lot of points which we use primarily to pay for hotel stays
Works for us
Not sure if the US has cc tap to pay, but it makes everything real ez

Nice.

My wife and I are using a capital one card for all purchases and getting 2% back.

We hold our bulk savings account in a cryptocurrency that is generating 19% interest annually - you read that correctly, 19% annually. I move the coins to an exchange and set a stop loss for when prices inevitably fluctuate negatively and then move them into a stable coin that is pegged to the US dollar.

For anyone out there with the interest and market savvy, cryptocurrencies are a gold mine right now.

Anyhow - back to credit card usage - We’ve got over $7,000 in travel points and have only used the Cap One card for about 5 years now. We’re letting that total continue to accumulate until we retire, hopefully in a few years if all goes well with our investments. Can’t wait to spend that accumulated total on a really, really nice vacation to kick off our retirement.

But yeah - anyone using their debit card rather than a cc that provides rewards should strongly consider at least using a cc such as capital one, then just paying off any purchases immediately with their bank account (aka debit card).

2 Likes

I was a little late to the game, but got a rewards visa about a year ago and already cashed in a couple grand in free cash. I put damn near everything on the card, pay it off every month and make a couple hundred by doing nothing.

I am going to build it up for another year and use it towards Christmas. I like the idea of using it for travel too, since its an expense that I second guess a lot. A couple grand would go a long way for me in Vegas. Probably like 3 or 4 hours even. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we all have been part of a well planned fail beyond our control at some point in our lives
I am talking about how we nose dived defensively , but Paul is out there saying there’s nothing wrong with what he’s doing. if his scheme was solid , we wouldn’t be about dead last in that area.

Its the smart way to do it. I had an old boss that used to give the Executive Assistant his personal credit card for all of his travel…and for all of the travel for anyone in the company that didn’t have a credit card (admin staff, assistant project managers, etc). It was over $50k worth of travel a year. He’d get the credit, and the company would foot the bill for it each month.:airplane:

1 Like