Darren SproLes? sure

1 Like

In order of needing replaced:

1. Wagner
  2. Glasgow
  3. Dahl
  4. Decker
  5. Ragnow

As a Lions fan, that name excites me too. I’d love for us to have the next Sproles-type guy. He was my favorite player in the league, for about 5 years.

The best player I saw today was DT Derrick Brown from Auburn, the guy was dominate against Bama. He has to be around 330 lbs and moves like an NFL LB

2 Likes

Brown would be a good top ten pick. Still will need an edge rusher though

1 Like

If your assessment is correct, and this dude is what you say - this is my dream scenario. I’d take a nasty DT over a DE any time, though we need both.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1200898819778654210

1 Like

This was the first time I saw him play all year, but he looked like a bigger version of Aaron Donald. Yesterday I saw an average OL neutralize Chase Young and a Bama OL with 2 or 3 1st rounders struggle with Brown. I need to see more, but I agree with you on a nasty DT over a DE.

1 Like

I know we need a rush but i think collapsing the pocket all game would help just as much.

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh Shiza…did you see him pile drive that RB at the :45 mark. Bet that RB was a little hesitant to run up the gut for the rest of the game.

But overall, looks good at penetrating the pocket, I just wonder if Patricia would put him in a position to succeed, or would he be asked to hold the point of attack so our dynamic LB corps can try to make all the plays.

1 Like

He’s Patricia’s wet dream of what he wants from a down lineman.

Your done if he gets his paws on you. That’s what caught my eye first. Guys like flypaper.

Thats what caught my eye. Aside from one play were the rb bounced off him, it was lights out when he got ahold of you. As well as the push he had and playing against big time teams.

Keep an eye out for Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise State. Currently a good size for a DE (6’3", 265). I say currently because he came in as a 300+ lb DT. He is still kind of pudgy but is extremely quick for his size. 34 sack over 3 years and Boise State does not have the type of DTs that demand double teams. In almost every game, Weaver is the guy to other team is game planning around and he still has these numbers. I thought he may be a third rounder but it now sounds like he may be late first or early second day guy.

1 Like

I’m hoping the Lions use that first rounder on another TE. Imagine how unstoppable they would be with a double headed attack at TE.

1 Like

That’s a 15 yard penalty in the pros

1 Like

There arent any project in the first round. Not sure how that would help though.

I’ll 2nd this. Weaver is a badass. I see your handle…are you an Idahoan?

Canadian (that’s the Canuck part) but I’ve worked at Boise State for the last 20 years.

1 Like