DT Javon Kinlaw posted on detroitlions Twitter page

Maybe Kinlaw will be our WTF pick. Although I like him, I don’t think he’s a top 3 player in this draft.

Me neither.

Not a top 3 for sure but if we trade down he is a very viable option. Not a huge drop off between him and Derrick Brown. He was killing it at the Senior Bowl practices until an injury knocked him out.

Kinlaw is just behind Brown right now, but I think his ceiling is higher.

We need at least 1 more DT, Shelton only took 48% of the defensive snaps last yr. Big heavy DTs need a lot of snaps off. Brown at 326# is a little closer in weight, Kinlaw isn’t far behind at 315. Kinlaw is a top 10 talent and may well go in the top 10. Would be stoked to get him. If he really wants to be here even better. Trade down to 5-7 if we took him over Brown I wouldn’t be upset.

2 Likes

Never say never though. Clelin Ferrell was consistently mocked after us last year and sometimes down into the twenties, and look how high he went. I could see us falling in love with Kinlaw’s freak skills. It’s unlikely, sure, but hardly impossible.

3 Likes

Thats how I feel. I don’t see a huge difference between Kinlaw and Brown. Kinlaw strikes me as a humble, down to earth kid that wants to play football and will be grateful no matter what team takes him. I wouldn’t take him at 3 but I wouldn’t take Brown at 3 either. I wouldn’t want to take Okudah at 3 for that matter. I feel that this team needs so much help that trade down for more picks needs to be the name of the game. A first round of Kinlaw and CJ Henderson excites me a lot more than a first round of just Chase Young.

3 Likes

Agree.

1 Like

Kinlaw seems like all potential at this point. His get off is amazing, unfortunately he seems to explode into the offensive linemans chest and stay there. Needs to get better at shedding blocks and making plays. I actually like Gallimores film better, just doesn’t have the same upside as Kinlaw.

Kinlaw in a trade down would be excellent! Even at 5 I wouldn’t mind

2 Likes

Works for me. I really want that stud DT that anchors the DL and pushes the push back into the QB. I think Kinlaw can do that.

5 is too high. would take him in a double trade down situation

Based on very little but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Lions had him rated higher than Brown

Which is perfect for the 3rdRGR approved trade down with the Raiders for both of their first round picks (12 and 19) plus their 3A (80OA, they have 3 3rd rounders). We get a better fit, better value and 2 first rounders instead of one. Kinlaw and Henderson > Brown or Okudah at 3 or 5. Then a 2, 3a, 3b and 3c. Yes please.

1 Like

I think Kinlaw has Chris Jones level of upside. If he ends up hitting that upside then he’s absolutely worth a top ten pick. Jones went early on day 2 of course but in a redraft would go very, very high.

1 Like