ESPN's website blows!

You folks ever notice that if a player isn’t actively signed to a roster that their player profile doesn’t even show up in search results on ESPN.com? Their name being a hyperlink is even removed from articles. It’s OBNOXIOUS, ugh! I don’t utilize them for much but I just think that’s stupid as hell if you want to look something up quick, ya know? It’s happened many of times over the past few weeks. Who the hell designed that crap?

You could have removed the word website from this title and it still would have been 100% accurate.

4 Likes

You’re right, ESPN is junk.

My go-to search text is:
Fname Lname combine
Fname Lname NFL.com
Fname Lname tsn.ca
Fname Lname pro football reference

Everything you ever want to know will show up at those sites. I like tsn.ca for some of the lesser known names because they keep their transaction history in the bio.

2 Likes

If I’m trying to really dig into something then I’ll go more advanced of course, similarly to how you mentioned but different sources. Just blows my mind you can’t even do a simple stat look up on a Free Agent or a Hall of Famer while you are reading an article about them… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It is astonishing that with all those resources they can’t fashion a decent site.

2 Likes

No kidding, right? Typical MSM bullcrap.

1 Like

yes to all of these!

They’re definitely self promoting. Ever since they lost the NHL TV contract, they rarely talk about, post or even mention the NHL.

Oh look. Hmmm…? Doesn’t show him as being a Lion but now it shows his player profile.