GB game is a must win game for me now

I think Green Bay believes this is a “must win” game for them.

If they lose, Detroit has the inside track to the division.

2 Likes

That would mean our players better behave like it’s a must win!

NIce. Already preparing the refs screwed us excuse. Forward thinking.

2 Likes

On a Monday night, for the top of the division. It’s a statement game. Message sent to league. It’d scrub SOL from the national mouth. And wouldn’t that be nice for once

2 Likes

no, I said IF we limit or don’t create our own penalties / OR, the officials don’t get in our way…we win. of course your smarter than all of us and don’t see the Officials making BS calls out of the blue or not bothering to call a damn play that is obvious BS/player that is mugging our player…I guess it just don’t happen Doc if you don’t see it. I don’t have to use it as an “excuse” of some kind because it really happens with frequency. therefore it’s a fact that the officials can and do screw us with wild calls during games that cost us wins. nevermind this board lit the hell up last game over the officiating and calls or non-calls…but I guess it never happens in your mind so I’m just making an excuse.

Nope doesn’t happen…:wink:

Well, since this board “lit the hell up last game over officiating” must mean the refs screwed the Lions. Every fan base thinks their team gets screwed by the refs. Watch the Chargers game again and tell me the Lions didn’t benefit from a few questionable calls.
I don’t think there is some back room conspiracy to try to screw the Detroit Lions. Sometimes officials suck; it’s just that simple. Sometimes they suck in the Lions favor. Sometimes they suck to the detriment of the Lions.

I guess you are right. It must be a fact since you claim that officials go out of their way to screw the Lions.

1 Like

OR this facemask that wasn’t called on a punt return right in front of the refs?
Or were they just trying to screw Philly?

No, the refs just suck for everyone.

2 Likes

Arguably the worst facemask i’ve ever seen. Refs DEFINITELY suck, but it is terribly biased, IMO.

Good sir, we may have to agree to disagree.
Some games are definitely more evenly called than others.

Show me a game that does not have missed calls ??..

It’s made up penalties on the last play of a game to give Rodgers another shot from 15 yards closer .

The timing of penalties and when and how they are called and how they imminently effect outcomes in the final seconds of games or when you are about to put a team away .
Your photos are not relevant to what has taken place with the Lions .

20 seconds to go in the game blatant holding /mugging and to boot the runners knee was down as well…Nothing to see here

2 Likes

Of course they aren’t because they don’t fit your narrative.
You are so out of touch with reality, it really is pointless discussing anything with you. It’s like talking with someone who believes in the flat earth theory. It doesn’t really matter what you say to them, because facts don’t matter to them. Enjoy your conspiracy theory.

1 Like

What facts , your opinion is not remotely a fact …?

Fact …I showed you 2 photos of the Lions being screwed in the closing seconds of games…you show me photos of missed calls that have plenty of time to be able to come back from …

You have nothing for me except to bow out and claim I must be a flat earth person. The photos you showed me not relevant FACT

Let’s start posing photos of the Lions getting bad calls made against them and bad calls that benefited them and see who runs out of photos first?

Who do you think would win?

OBJ%20drops%20ball

Batted%20ball

We didn’t lose the Chiefs game because of the refs. You can watch every NFL game and watch the refs miss some pretty blatant calls. We lost the Chiefs game because Mahomes is a damn good QB who kept the last drive alive with his legs on several occasions.

they do, right along with the other teams,bc they make shit up on the fly during games.
how many examples of it have we seen now !?

Color me into the “Lions get the shit end of the stick most often” camp.

Yes, there are bad calls that go both ways every week. Level of flagrant obviousness, along with # of occurrences for both teams seems to have discrepancy, to me.

You won’t change my mind, and I won’t change yours…and that’s cool.

So I’ve been getting amped on this game and high on the Lions. And I’ve come into the must-win vibe with this game. Guilty. Which scares me at the place where I’ve been perpetually brought back to earth as a Lions fan. Just when you thought they were trending upward.

If the Lions don’t win, then what? -is what I’ve thought. Well, thinking about the year in quarters, we’ve won the first quarter, and played some tough teams. Most didn’t expect that. IF we lost this game, it’s STILL very possible, even likely, that we win the second quarter of the season. = We’d still be in a good place. We get the Packers once again and there’s still 4 other NFC N games ahead of us.

That said, we’ve run the gauntlet these first four games and this team should be mentally prepared for this game. In that respect, its really nice to be a fan of a tough NFL team. I’m not young, but that’s new for me as a Lions fan.

And one last p.s. - its nice to talk Lions with familiar faces again. I don’t get a lot of free time, but when I do, I spend time unravelling with the Lions. Good conversation here.

1 Like

It’s not a must win. We’d still be 2-2-1. It is however a rare opportunity. No Adams, no Savage and a chance to go go home to play Minnesota with a chance to put the division on notice in a way that we haven’t done for more than a quarter of a century. Definitely more important than your typical mid October game.

4 Likes