If its win now for Quinn and Patricia they should

Get either Clowney or trade Jets for Jamal Adams. Would help defense out tremendously.

2 Likes

Perhaps it isn’t that simple.

3 Likes

Doesn’t make much sense for Quinn to sit on a bunch of salary cap if he is potentially gone after this year. If there are any FA out there who would start here, he ought to sign them. The only guy who fits that description is Clowney. But there’s a reason he’s still sitting there. He just doesn’t make enough of a consistent impact for what he wants to be paid. But again, do you want the satisfaction of not having overpaid, or do you want to keep your job? Once you’re out as a GM it’s really difficult to ever get another shot. Anyone I’m missing who would also start here?

1 Like

Get Adams screw dallas. Might cost a 1st rd pick .oh well guys been a 2 time all pro.

1 Like

If we did get Adams our secondary would be sick.

3 Likes

Start packin.

Adams is a great player but I’m not giving up two firsts for the right to pay a safety that isn’t a great teammate 15m per year.

1 Like

Detroit called about Adams before the trade deadline, so there was interest at least. Compensation was pretty rich at the time (1st and two 2nd’s was reported I believe), but if they came down to a 1st round pick I would do it if I’m Quinn.

Hater makes a very short, simple post here
But I think we need to slow throwing out random “names” like they’re “solutions”
Hater is being kind suggesting “perhaps” it’s not that simple
I think the word “perhaps” could easily have been dropped from that sentence

I don’t know the Adams situation but there’s zero chance they trade high value draft capital for someone’s malcontent
Clowney? Obviously there are issues with him — nobody has been interested
Cuz every team is stupid?

1 Like

I think Clowney wants money like he developed into what everybody thought he was going to be when he was drafted 1OA.

I don’t think he’s worth that, he’s a one trick pony, and he’d get paid and be signed if he acknowledged that.

Adams is young, talented and can do anything. Problem is he’s getting ready to be the best paid safety in football, probably deservingly so. You want to give up a first round pick, which let’s face it, could be a QB and then pay lots of money as well? I dunno if that’s the best business practice…

1 Like

I do believe the Lions are still buyers when roster cuts get trimmed down. I suspect we will add another player or two. But they will likely be more bargain shopping types.

Clowney seems very unlikely to me. There’s a reason Houston traded him and Sea isn’t paying him. I can’t see the Lions justifying his contract.

Adams is an interesting thought. I do believe we need safety help and I love Adams as a player… however he’s a bad fit for two reasons. 1) MP doesn’t do well with type A personalities. 2) The Lions secondary is already one of the most expensive on the league. I’m not sure we could afford to add Adams contract to the mix.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. They have put a lot of resources and time into their safety position and Adams is very outspoken. They seem to be willing to deal w one of their own whose personality is outspoken to a certain point, I can’t seem them willingly taking on one unless they really thought he was the missing piece. Clooney to me is a bigger name version of flowers. He isn’t a sack guy and his work ethic has been questioned in the past. They don’t seem to be FO who goes and throws all the money at the sexy player everyone wants them to get…Adams probably would cost a 1st and a 2nd and that’s rich for a team that is methodical and trying to build long term( they might not be succeeding but that seems to be the thought process). Who says clowney would even want to come to Detroit. If it is a known fact that the pistons have to overpay in order to bring talent in or absorb an insane contract (griffin) why wouldn’t it be something similar for the lions? It might be different but…:man_shrugging:t2:

Adams is 24 2 time pro bowler . Im sure he is opinionated most players who pretty much prove themselves are opionated. Sure he wants big money and wants it now money talks in the nfl.if smoe of you believe tjat 1st rd pick could be a qb they had that chance with Tua. And passed.Remember its supposedly win now for the GM and Coach.Chicago gave up a ton for Mack. If memory serves correctly.

MP might not be around long .Look at dolphins revamping their team.

Big difference between getting an elite pass rusher and an elite safety. This isn’t the first time Adams has been vocal about being unhappy. Add in the fact we have to probably make him the NFL’s highest paid safety and it’s an easy pass for me.

2 Likes

All the negative nancy talk lol. No wonder this team has been a joke in the nfl. Even some fan base feels like mediocrity is ok for them.Dolphins splurge in FA to try to make their team better. Lions stand pat almost every yr.And of course results speak for themselves.

1 Like

Maybe Martha gave Quinn orders not to spend money and he and Patricia get to keep their jobs. They do have 3 years left on their contract. The years still remaining on their contracts figured into the decision to retain them. No way the Fords eat $30 million or whatever they still owe those two clowns. They will be back in 2021 unless the Lions win 3 games or less.

1 Like

Yeah well that’s a completely absurd thought process on so many levels

Clowney yes, Adams no.

Once again, facts don’t matter to most Lions fans.
And yet those two idiots are still running the organization.
Any decent franchise would have fired both those clowns midway through last season.

1 Like