If the Lions are gonna lose, I'd rather blow it with Blough

The kid looked okay out there in his 1st go 'round. You don’t want to make any decisions after just one game, but I though he showed poise and pocket presence back there. Some people might say I’m crazy, but I don’t draft a QB in 2020. Not with the other issues they have on this team.

3 Likes

One game measure, but I agree.
The kid looked calm, cool, and collected.
Made some good plays.

3 Likes

I liked him. Accurate. Good pocket awareness - evaded a couple of sacks today. Looked like he did a good job with all of the throws. Honestly, he looked better than Driskel.

3 Likes

Develop them both, show their value, and trade one of them. I think they are both ample as backups.

I could see either one of them as a long term backup.

Matt is still young and may be around for another 6-10 years. That’s a long time to be a backup.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say your crazy at all.

I’m fine staying with what we have at QB.

This off season should be 90% focused on Defense. Lots of decisions to make on that side of the ball.

1 Like

He did do a nice job, it will interesting who the staff goes with at qb once Driskel is healthy.

1 Like

Unless the Lions sign Driskel to some form of extension or new contract he is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent next year. Conversely Blough signed a three-year contract with Cleveland this season before he was traded to Detroit

Yep. And I like Blough much better. Driskel looked alright. But Blough’s mobile as well but with better escapability and has better arm talent. I want to see how he does with some real practices going forward. He only had walkthroughs before this game. The kid has real starter potential in the NFL.

1 Like

Maybe Quinn knew he had something in his quarterback room. I liked what Blough showed.

1 Like

Brand new QBs often have good debuts. Especially against bad teams. We started the last 2 seasons making rookies QBs look like hall of farmers in their debuts. Blough looked decent, but his arm looks like 40 year old drew brees. Not sure he can survive long term in this league without more zip

3 Likes

I don’t think Driskel is going to be very expensive, might end up as our #3 QB. Drafting a QB on Day 3 ain’t the worst idea, kinda depends on what they do in free agency.

2 Likes

We’re QB rich! Stafford is the clear leader, but, I worry about the defense way more than either Dreskel or Blough. I think we can win most games offensively with either one.

1 Like

I would love it, if we could get sometime out of Driskel (trade-wise), and Develop Blough.

To do that, we’d probably have to showcase him some.

Driskel will be unrestricted free agent after this season so unless the Lions sign him to a new contract, trading him is a moot point. There probably won’t be much competition for his services but just saying he’s not under contract after this year

1 Like

Stafford will be 32 next year. 2.years of broken back bones. He has not won a playoff game or any real game if significant import.

Next year could Very Easily be his last year with us.

If Tua is there at 4, where you can sit him a year…yeah, you have to look at it hard.

3 Likes

Tua is damaged goods imho, he would be wise to give college another year. I would suspect that if he entered the draft, he might be drafted 2nd round or later depending on how he recovers from yet another injury. Not worth the risk on a 1st round pick.

2 Likes

Have we learned nothing? Our defensive line is a perfect example of what you get drafting and signing the injured.
Great on paper. Terrible on the field.
Just say “No” to the injured and injury prone!

Yeah, I agree.

Trading back into late rd 1 however…

I was really impressed with how Blough moved in the pocket and kept his eyes down field. Any Lions QB is going to see a lot of pressure so being able to avoid sacks is a big deal.

3 Likes

Welcome to the board Bronco Canuck