Its good to see!

Its good to see the board is heating up . 10 days till D Day !!

1 Like

To be honest in my 50 years of watching this this is the least excited if been in the Offseason. Have zero faith in Patricia and very little in Quinn. I think with Stafford u always have a chance to win. I think the defensive scham is one of worst there is. All thou I love what they did on offense. I think the draft will end up like the FAs, very underwhelming. I think just like Rod Marnnelli the more player he puts in place the worse this team got. The only thing that has kept us from them lows is Matt Stafford.

2 Likes

Sitting tight at No. 3 overall and drafting Okudah would be a disappointment. Not because he’s a bad player or the Lions don’t need him. Just from the standpoint that the idea of trading down (even for just a 2d Rd pick), held so much more promise.

3 Likes

For Lions fans everywhere . . . it’s our Superbowl!!!

3 Likes

I also have no faith in either of them . It does stink that they are leading the way for us . It seems like every year Quinn has drafted he has targeted one position and ignores everything else . I sure hope he doesn’t do that this year . Anyways I’m just excited for some kind of sports!!

3 Likes

Not that I have anything better to do, but I’ll be locked in for the first 3 rounds. After that, I tend to tune out.

I agree, if we take Okudah at 3, the draft will already be a failure and a snooze fest. If we get Young at 3, I will be ecstatic. If we trade down I will be excited. If we take Tua, I will be super intrigued. Those are my 3 hopes and in that order.

1 Like

I’ll probably watch the draft until pick 4 , the thing that will have me GLUED to it is our first three picks or trades down. I don’t see us trading up…but I am real anxious to see WHO Quinn drafts with our first pick. after pick 4 I don’t really have interest…

1 Like

THE NFL DRAFT giving lions fans hope for over 60 years.

1 Like

just read many of our posts. We hope they do this… we hope so and so falls. I hope they draft player X. I hope they upgrade Y I hope Quinn gets lucky

This is going to be the weirdest draft in history. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so on edge had Quinn NOT taken TJ Hockenson with our first pick last draft , while we had more liking him than not I think last offseason but the rule of thumb here was" you don’t take a TE high", BQ turned around and did it anyways…so that makes me think that Quinn doesn’t plain give a %&^$k what he drafts with the first pick…this is why I kept saying that I don’t know if Quinn would actually select Chase Young even if he’s sitting there ripe for the taking.

1 Like

The actual draft is exciting as its been in years for the Lions, so many possibilities and interesting stories at #3 this year. The people in charge of the draft for the Lions make it much more depressing lol.

2 Likes

I think they take Simmons if he’s available when they pick. Ive heard multiple writers call him a swiss army knife. This is the ultimate Quinn catchphrase if I ever heard one. Normally I despise that descriptor, but I think Simmons would be a good pick actually.

This is true. For as certain as I am in who it will be in the 1st and what it will be in the 2nd, there’s still an awful lot of intrigue. The closer we get and the more of these stories we hear about guys staying pat, the more I warm to the thought of just drafting Tua ourselves. If we trade him, fine. If we trade Stafford after 2020, that’s fine, too. But in the words of Gym Shorts, “maximize our suckiness”.

I am excited for this since there isn’t anything else sports related really happening. It will be interesting, as I don’t know how this will play out. I’ll be kind of disappointed if it is just a bunch of talking heads on their iphones.

Here’s the thing. Quinn loves to talk about versatility, but when has he shown to actually value that? Glasgow was versatile he let him walk. Ragnow is versatile. Who else on the Lions is versatile? Really no one.

I could live with Simmons at 3, he’s going to be so freaking good.