Jalen Mills

Apparently the Lions are interested.
Back to the same “connection” signings.
Wonder how much better he would be opposite Slay?

1 Like

If they go after Mills…I hope that means that they’re keeping Slay. Mills could be a decent #2. Hopefully, #24 keeps developing.

1 Like

Agree.
Would be another Rashad Melvin type signing.

1 Like

Jalen Mills is exactly what we value and a CB that fits the system …Mills is very stingy and plays his best ball when the field gets short …bend don’t break between the 20’s and lock down when in the red zone …I would welcome the signing

3 Likes

Mills would make sense. Def was is db coach. I want Harris though. Seems like a cheaper move though

Can’t believe people even willing to except this as a decent signing. We have enough trash on this team. And to get another piece of trash without an upgrade is just ludicrous!

I have been a supporter of this regime, but that’s getting thinner by the day.

1 Like

My biggest problem is just how similar this is to previous signings.
Connection to Defensive Coordinator, never truly showed anything but mediocre play. Or less.

1 Like

I’m not. This is why BQ sucks likes former trash from his coaching staff former teams.

Jalen Mills would be a fine signing. 26 in April, 6’0" and close to 200 pounds. Our DC knows the guy. This would be a solid signing as a #2,

1 Like

He’s cheap stop gap. He could struggle to make the roster. I doubt he’s better than anyone we got.

3 Likes

Agree 100%.
It’s just something this front office would do, sadly.
He’s been connected in some way.
It’s almost like they choose the lazy route this time of year…
Though I doubt he comes much cheaper than what we paid tl have Lawson hang around for as long as he did. And bringing in Melvin.
So similar.

I miss Sheldon White. I really think he was the bargains behind Mayhew’s free agency success.

4 Likes

Jalen Mills has allowed a league-high 541 yards in coverage as the nearest defender. Eagles CB’s have given up a league-worst 1,410 yards to wide receivers and 8 TD’s, with just 2 INT.

This was placed on another forum in 2018. I am too lazy to verify if it’s correct but I thought I’d share it.

2 Likes

This fan base doesn’t appreciate how good that regime was at find non top of the market free agents.

I don’t remember an outside free agent Mayhew signed that was totally overpaid after 2009.

Melvin was still an upgrade from Lawson (thought that’s not saying much)

1 Like

Back to the Eagles:

1 Like

Good to hear this.