Josh Norman Released per Rotoworld

According to PFF Norman put up the 12th worst coverage rating out of 128 qualifiers. He never really lived up to his contract either.

I know he’s not the lockdown corner he once was, but I wonder if he could have somewhat of a revival in a new system?

1 Like

Past his prime, not sure he would be worth anything. Maybe a one year flyer.

2 Likes

Old and not a fit in our system at all. He’s a cover 2 guy.

2 Likes

I apologize, I should have clarified, I didn’t necessarily mean for the Detroit Lions. I was just curious about the board’s thoughts on him.

1 Like

The rumors I have heard on DC sports talk radio that for the last few years he had been more interested in his career in LA after the NFL. He wants to get into the movie business. Isn’t he best as a zone corner? Feel like he is too old at this point, i’d imagine he retires.

1 Like

He’s a slow, zone corner who doesn’t take away a #1 WR… he never deserved that contract

1 Like

Nope and it’s the kind of contracts you end up with when you freak out over someone who had one good season and overpay them.

3 Likes

Was a step slow even in his prime. Was always a prime candidate for early regression as he couldn’t afford to even lose a half step.

1 Like

I think the Packers should sign him

I hope Minni signs him after we get Tre Waynes.

He should go to Seattle, good fit and he has a chance for a ring.

Is it just me or did he come into the league old to begin with? He was 25 years old as a rookie. Slay by comparison came in as a rookie at 22.

I love how Josh Norman has united the board. Good stuff here.

I find it interesting that he’s been released by Rivera, his first coach.

2 Likes

That’s a really good point. Totally overlooked that.

If the Redskins trade down, they might eyeing Odukah. Could be part of the thinking here, though Norman is on the skids by all accounts anyway.

I think the only ones they could trade down with and still guarantee Okudah is us. So we take Young and they take Okudah, which does make sense as stacked as their Dline is. Thing is, I think the cost would have to be much lower than even chart value but then again… it’s us, so we could sell our entire draft to do this…

1 Like
1 Like

Exactly