Kiper's safest pick in the draft?

From his latest insider article:

Who is the safest pick in this draft?

Clemson Defender Isaiah Simmons

And I’ll call him a “defender” because he could play multiple positions in the NFL. At 6-foot-3, 238 pounds, Simmons has rare athleticism, and he ran a 4.39 40-yard dash at the combine. He is my top-ranked outside linebacker, but he played some safety in college and some NFL teams have him ranked as the No. 1 safety in this class. Simmons also had eight sacks and 16 tackles for loss last season. He can really do it all, cover linebackers and tight ends and run sideline to sideline to chase down ball carriers. He’s likely to go in the top 10, with the Giants (No. 4), Panthers (No. 7) and Jaguars (No. 9) as teams to watch.

D jeremiah’s safest pick last year was TJ Hockenson

2 Likes

Kiper’s safest pick in the draft?

Well that settles it …has to be.

Draft analyst Mel Kiper On Aaron Curry when asked if Aaron Curry was the safest pick in the Draft

Kiper … ”Nobody,’’ he said. “Everybody comes with risk.’’

However …

Kiper added: “People would say Aaron Curry.
He’s not going to be a bust … he can rush the passer and drop in coverage. He would fall into that category. Maybe not a boom, but certainly not a bust. If you put a gun to my head, I’d say Curry.’’

Ranked Andre Wadsworth the No. 1 overall prospect of 1998 NFL Draft ahead of Charles Woodson and Peyton Manning and compared him to Bruce Smith

Said in 1995, “Ki-Jana (Carter) would be the next Bo Jackson”

Called Packers drafting Matt Hasselbeck in the 1998 6th round a waste of a pick

Gave Seahawks’ 2012 draft a C- grade after they picked Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson

Said in 2007, “Wes Welker is not worth a second round pick. I don’t care how much you like his work ethic… he has done nothing to show a [trade] value that high.”

Had NFL draft bust Dan McGwire and Hall of Famer Brett Favre rated evenly as QB prospects before the 1991 draft

4 Likes

If he is getting Kipers endorsement, I’d take him off my board😁

2 Likes

I think we are all the fools here and NOT Mel Kiper.

This guy gets paid to evaluate talent for nobody. He does it for entertainment and makes a living off of it.

I’m not saying he’s a good talent evaluator by any means. That’s not my point.

We are all wrong many times over when evaluating draft prospects. Difference is Mel Kiper is making money being wrong. We are not.

3 Likes

In 2020 I trust guys on this message board’s opinion as much as I trust Mel’s and I love Simmons

1 Like

I just want to see Kiper’s lid during this “stay at home” scenario.

1 Like

Dude has a 50 gallon drum of Just For Men with a beer tapper on it. When that runs out, he has cases of Krylon on standby.

1 Like

Only reason Kiper still has a gig is because he was a pioneer in draft analysis. By my estimation he’s batting about .400 which would be nice if he played baseball not for analyzing talent. I was re-watching the broadcast of the 2014 draft last night and everyone talked over him…I don’t think his peers think much of him either.

The bad thing is batting .400…is better than Quinn. :frowning:

You are going to be so mad when we take Isaiah @ 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay, so Kiper says Simmons can cover linebackers. I really hope that was a mistake by the writer.

We know for a fact BQ loves safe picks in the 1st rd

I FIRMLY believe Isiah Simmons is the first pick.