Like real life, it’s about who you know

Lions were runner up for CB Bradberry:

2 Likes

Damn, that would have been a great signing.

This is interesting for a number of reasons. Like Trufant…outside the Patriots tree. Also shows a plan in that the Lions simply turned to option #2 quickly.

Mentioned no red flags in terms of the coaches or the pitch. The deal was longer and for more than Trufant’s meaning the Lions meant to spend more at the CB position. Might that mean the Lions might be interested in Ryan Logan as Logan and Freeman might be $6 million more than just Bradberry?

Interesting.

1 Like

Yea I seen this last night scanning for news and rumors.
I never really watched him a great deal.
One thing that is for sure, we need another to pair with Trufant, weather it’s Logan or Okudah. We need a serious upgrade to that secondary.

Another player coming out and saying he’d rather not play for the Lions - this is an absolute crisis, you guys. I think most of it is distrust in Patricia and Quinn, dislike for their system and their style, and lack of belief in this organization.

It’s always going to be an uphill battle if most free agents would rather be somewhere other than here.

Dude…it looks like you clutched your pearls instead of actually reading the solid article posted. Here is the relevant point:
" Slay bashed Lions coach Matt Patricia on his way out of town, saying he lost respect for Patricia after the coach embarrassed him in a team meeting in 2018.

Bradberry said in his radio interview Monday that he didn’t get any red flags about playing in Detroit.

“Nah,” he said. “I feel like both organizations were great. I feel like both coaches were great coaches, I just feel like New York might have been a better feel for me. It’s a great city. It’s something new for me. I’m more of an introvert and I wanted to go to a big city just so I can explore a little bit more around the city.”

"James Bradberry, who agreed to a three-year, $43.5 million deal with the New York Giants last week, said Monday on “The Jim Rome Show” that the Lions were his runner-up team.

“It was either between the Lions and New York and I just feel like New York was the better fit for me,” Bradberry said. “I knew (Giants general manager Dave) Gettleman, so I know what type of organization he’s trying to build over there and I knew some of the players that were there as well and they had nothing but good things to say about the organization. So I feel like it was the right fit.”

Why let facts get in the way of a take, right?

6 Likes

This is what you took from what Bradberry said ? You don’t think what he actually said had more to do with Detroit and much less the Lions ?

Bradberry said in his radio interview Monday that he didn’t get any red flags about playing in Detroit.

“Nah,” he said. “I feel like both organizations were great. I feel like both coaches were great coaches, I just feel like New York might have been a better feel for me. It’s a great city. It’s something new for me. I’m more of an introvert and I wanted to go to a big city just so I can explore a little bit more around the city.”

4 Likes

Here’s betting he didn’t bother to read the article.

4 Likes

Coaches like players they know (especially in the current environment where FA visits are prohibited), yet another example:

The receiver market was slow to develop, leaving Robby Anderson waiting longer than anticipated.

But PFT’s 29th-best free agent has found a home.

Anderson will sign a two-year, $20 million deal with the Panthers, including $12 million in the first year, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Anderson, 26, played at Temple when new Panthers coach Matt Rhule was the head coach there. Anderson becomes the third Temple player to rejoin Rhule in recent days, following Tahir Whitehead and P.J. Walker.

1 Like

Would JL admit that when a girl at the bar chooses to go home with another guy, she has effectively rejected every other guy that did or did not yet have that chance? Or is that rejection an indictment on the madhood of each of those individuals that they should take personally?

In the NFL, Bradberry rejected every other team besides the Giants. So what? As happens every year, he’ll become available down the road by his choice or not and we will get our shot if we so choose and if he chooses. Will Parks was apparently a Safety target of ours but he decided to return to his hometown of Philly. We moved on and found another dance partner.

How many times do we have to hear a player badmouthing the Lions or Patricia, or saying they chose another organization over the Lions, before we start to admit there’s a problem?

Maybe some of the cases can be explained away for this reason or that reason - the types of things that would happen to any NFL franchise - but you can’t deny that this organization has put itself in a spot where it is one of the least desirable destinations for any given player. You can list off the reasons they are in that spot - but it’s a huge problem.

1 Like

No… because it’s better to feed an agenda or narrative that Patrica is toxic & Quinn has his head up his ass & players do want to be Lions because of them .
Instead of simply taking what we know was said by the player on his word…Not a player that was embarrassed and who took a comment to heart or the wrong way…Instead a player that had no agenda or previous bias and one that weighed his very specific and detailed pro’s and con’s…The Lions lost in that battle .

1 Like

Is every player that separates from this team supposed to speak glamour about the organization releasing/trading them? This happens to be publicized, along with others. How come this isn’t happening to other teams? They have just as many problems with this as we do. Why do you think so many players in general are so quick to go to the rival?