Lions hire defensive assistant - CB Tony Carter

Thoughts?

Another former Patriot …

He seems to have paid his dues

1 Like

Entry level job. Up to him to make the most of it.

2 Likes

I was just going to ask how Undin would feel having some young assistant helping him call the defensive plays, but they do know eachother shrug***

He’s a defensive assistant - those guys don’t call plays or even help with the defensive game plan. Mostly they work under the position coach and help teach. Most teams only have one of these assistants but this makes two for the Lions.

Personally I believe that having a first time DB position coach and pairing him with an assistant who has DB playing experience is probably a smart move.

1 Like

I love the idea of giving someone a chance! They will be hungry and that will be contagious !

1 Like

thanks Air for clarifying and I also thought it a wise move and certainly hopes it pays dividends because we cannot have a defense ranking in the 30’s again.

1 Like

I certainly want to give it a chance to , anything to improve the 2019 defense !

Hopefully his coaching is better than his nfl career.

Being how he went undrafted and managed to hang around 7 years on multiple different teams says to me the kid has drive and smarts. It is often players like him that make the best coaches. I wish the kid well and hope he sticks.

2 Likes