Lions Sign FA OG

Josh Garnett The Detroit Lions announced today that they have signed free agent G Josh Garnett. Additional contract terms were not disclosed.

Prior to Detroit, Garnett spent three seasons with the San Francisco 49ers (2016-18) before being released at the start of the 2019 regular season. A former first-round pick (28th overall) by the 49ers in 2016 out of Stanford, Garnett has appeared in 22 career games (11 starts).

|DOB (Age):|2/21/1994 (25)|
|HT/WT:|6’ 5" / 305 lbs.|
|College:|Stanford|
|Drafted:|2016 / Rd. 1 (28) / SF|

I like it overall.

we only have 3, now 4 heading into the new season!!

1 Like

Looks like the guard position is now filled. Good luck Glasgow! :upside_down_face:

Injuries, knee, toe, and thumb have plagued his career thus far.

The article say he didn’t play at all last yr and maybe he healed completely now… I’m ok with roster increase checking him out

Not filled just another body to work out an see who fits . It does allow Lions to not have to reach in draft.

I there is a OLman there an they like they can take him if they need depth but by having depth before draft you don’t have to reach.

Josh Garnett… Caleb Benenoch… Beau Benzschawel… Russell Bodine (alsoC)…Casey Tucker…Joe Dahl

Can’t hurt…

They took our first round bust OG and made him a starter, so perhaps we can return the favor?

3 Likes