Lions sign Halapoulivaati Vaitai 5 years 50 mill

1 Like

Props to coyote…good call.

3 Likes

OL?

Lions Sign OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai To Five-Year Deal

March 16th, 2020 at 4:29pm CST by Andrew Ortenberg

This is breaking news. Please [refresh](javascript:location.reload():wink: for updates.

A slightly more under the radar name is getting a massive payday. Former Eagles offensive tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai is signing a massive five-year, $50MM contract with the Lions, a source told Adam Caplan of Sirius XM NFL Radio (Twitter link).

It’s a pretty remarkable payday considering Vaitai has only started four games over the past two years. It wasn’t unexpected though, as we heard a couple of weeks ago that he would likely command between $8-12MM annually. Vaitai has clearly always had talent, but he was buried on the depth chart due to the Eagles’ abundance of tackles.

1 Like

Started 4 games in last 2 years :joy:

You can’t make this up

4 Likes

It wasn’t unexpected though, as we heard a couple of weeks ago that he would likely command between $8-12MM annually.

1 Like

Not a big fan of this move. He’s versatile at least :crazy_face:

1 Like

I also heard that while he only started 4 games, but he played in every game the last 2 seasons.

2 Likes

Yep. And the Lions just had to be the team to do it. Quinn and Patricia outsmarting the rest of the NFL again.

1 Like

I guess any upgrade over Wagner… How old is he?

1 Like

google.com

1 Like

Key word started Has nothing to do with how he played which was very very good. But anti Lions management fans complain without knowing very much its what they do.

You have not even seen the contract break down just put on your anti Hat

5 Likes

If he was very very good he would’ve been starting if he can play several positions.

2 Likes

You can’t make this up, no. But you can make up NFL talent knowledge on the interwebs. You just have to have a computer running Windows 95 and an internet connection.

3 Likes

No Thanks, someone will know. And Google doesn’t need more visits. They’re doing fine.

1 Like

He was one of the worst tackles in the NFL when he did play in 2017 and 2018

1 Like

Halawho?

No but seriously, HalaWHO? I honestly never heard of him before. He’s fairly young so maybe there’s some upside here? Just about anybody would be an upgrade on Wagner, I guess.

Literally all you have to do is copy and paste his name in google to find out. Life is hard.

Probably looking at 3/30 in guaranteed money.

Halapoulivaati Vaitai RT 6’ 6" / 320 lbs. 26Yrs

2 Likes