Lions sign Nicholas Williams

Who? Is this our number one guy or depth?

Birkett referred to him as “starting caliber”. He is 30 and didn’t record a sack until last season.

So another chance type of player?

let me guess, 5 years $80 million.

I was just about to post this. Played his first full year last year. Been pro for 5 or 6 yrs. 30 yrs old. He did have 6 sacks last year. Still trying to find out more about him.

2 yrs 10 mil

https://nfltraderumors.co/lions-signing-dl-nicholas-williams-to-two-year-10m-deal/

Lions signed DT Nick Williams, formerly of the Bears, to a two-year, $10 million contract.

This guy is basically waiver fodder and the Lions just gave him $10 million for 2 years.

Are you kidding on that contact? Oh well, o wasn’t expecting us to do much. Im starting to get on board with Collins, but damn we aren’t doing much other then let’s take a “chance player” and over paying to do so.

At least Millen would sign has beens. Quinn signs “ never was” players.

4 Likes

So pumped for them to squander that #3 pick, get fired, and somehow get 7 wins and leave some new regime with the 10th overall pick next year to start the rebuild.

Tomorrow we will sign Mills for 3-30 million.

1 Like

Him or Ted Karras for probably the same number you posted. If we are lucky maybe we can get both!!!

If we do I maybe done with this team. These signings are really over paid. I’ll be happy if I’m wrong, but Willams isn’t good against the run at all, and the oline sucks at pass rushing. So Stafford is going to eat more dirt then a worm.

Starter or #3 DT?

Sucks vs the run, so I’m thinking 3rd down only. But I don’t know much about him at all.

I can’t find anything anywhere what type of player he is. Run stuffer? Pass rusher?
I think more of a pass rusher with 6 sacks in 500+ snaps.

Wagner, Lang, Daniels all proven players that busted

Can anyone pull up all of his PFF grades?