Lions sign WR Davis

Looks like another guy who will contribute on special teams and can be a 4th/5th WR. Big at 6-3, 211. He’s 28.

LIONS AGREE TO TERMS WITH UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT WR GEREMY DAVIS

Allen Park, Mich. — The Detroit Lions announced today that they have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent WR Geremy Davis. Additional contract terms were not disclosed.

After originally entering the NFL with the New York Giants in 2015 as a sixth-round draft pick (186th overall) out of Connecticut, Davis spent the last four seasons (2016-19) with the Los Angeles Chargers. He has appeared in 36 career games (one start) and has posted five receptions for 59 yards (11.8 avg.) while adding 17 special teams tackles (11 solo).

1 Like

Seems like training camp fodder.

3 Likes

Looks like he’s being brought in strictly for his Special Teams ability. Has 5 career catches in 5 years.

I’m totally stealing this joke from a comedian who I can’t remember…

This is a good example of why they need Google in delivery rooms. That way, when mom wrote his name on the birth certificate Google could say, "Did you mean Jeremy?

3 Likes

I don’t think this guy will make the team unless he’s shit-hot at ST or we have a rash of injuries to our best ST guys.

Wasting time with this signing. What is the point? Had to be at the request of the assistant special teams coach. Wow! Next they will be calling one of us for ideas.

eIther that, or Jeudy’s backup!

He will help get the the ST coaches point across in training camp. Pretty much a camp body and injury insurance. Nothing more.

2 Likes

If the thread would have been called, “Lions sign special teams help…”, nobody would have cared. Once you call the guy a WR it’s a problem.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s like calling Trey Flowers an Edge Rusher.

1 Like