Lions targeting OG Greg Van-Roten

Looks like there’s a bidding war.

Seems to fit the scheme, another Roten signing.

hope he’s not Rotten.

1 Like

Sounds like an upgrade over Kenny Wiggins. Greg is 30 (Feb. Bday) now while Wiggins is 32 in August. Greg started 27 games these past two seasons:
" Panthers placed LG Greg Van Roten (toe) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Van Roten was forced from last week’s game against the Saints, and Daryl Williams moved over to take over at left guard. That’ll be the plan moving forward. Van Roten is Pro Football Focus’ No. 20 guard out of 79 qualifiers at the time of his injury, receiving plus marks for his pass protection. Van Roten will be 30 as he heads for free agency in March."

I am gonna be surprised if we make this move but it is possible. Signing Greg would signal going cheap at guard, Viatia will in fact play ROT and we are going defense in the draft. I am not in love with that plan even if Greg is better than Wiggins. That may be the thinking though.

We still need to get our stud DT and help at CB.

1 Like

Big V will start at ROT I think that is a given who are OGs will be I think thats a good question. Now will big V stay at OT starting 2021 that will depend on his play in 2020. I think they will give him a whole season to secure the ROT job

We don’t need a lot of CB help is Slay stays an we draft rd 1 a CB.

We now need the NT I agree . I can see they bring Wiggins back later he is recovering from a Torn pec .