Making Lions 2020 Reboot Successful

Can we all agree that when you fire your entire defensive staff, special teams staff, and strength and conditioning staff all in the same off-season; oh and get rid of one of your team captains (Diggs), let your best guard walk away and trade away your best corner - you’re rebooting the team. Each of these would be significant on its own. Taken altogether, this is a reboot.

Question is, what do they need to do next to make this successful?

1 Like
  1. Matt Stafford to stay healthy for 16 games.

2. Cory Undlin to have a significant role in calling the defensive plays and alignments.

3. Vaitai to perform up to the level of his contract.

4. Drafting game changers/difference makers/immediate contributors with any picks they have in Rounds 1-2.

5. For Jamie Collins to be that coverage LB that the Lions have been lacking since Levy went off the rails.
4 Likes

Soooo…a lot!

1. Isaiah Simmons to become the coverage LB we have lacked since Levy.

Fixed it for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hahaha! Love the simplicity of the solution, Simmonsorbust.

I agree w/all of this, but also feel there is a high likelihood it works out exactly like that.

For what matters to this team, their best Guard is still on the team.
For things to be successful, 2 of Big-V, Aboushi and Crosby have to perform at starter level. 2 of the 3. More of Quinn’s optimism on display.

Much is made of the new DC. Meh.
This is still a BB-influenced team with a smattering of 3-4 and 4-3 principals across the line, but especially 3-4 at the LB level in that they’re taking on linemen more than 43 LB’s would.

That said, Tavai has to take a big step forward in his 2nd year (I think he will) and Collins is a known quantity (which is good).

However… We have a Shelton-for-Snacks swap at one DT spot and we’re still banking on Hand to play the other. At least this year Hand is backed up with a healthy DT.

Then there’s the left Defensive End / LB swap-out of Kennard. Out goes Kennard, in goes ??? Bryant? Okwara? Jones? Collins? Davis? More optimism, I presume. (I actually think we have a 2nd rounder coming in to fill this spot.)

At RB, we’re expecting KJ to be healthy? That’s a necessary component to this reboot. Health across the board is.

1 Like

Goalpost returning to 2018 All-Pro Form

Goalpost

GOALPOST

4 Likes