My reason for optimism for this team

For sure, not an easy one. Still feel like he should catch it. Not 10 of 10, but 7+. He’ll get better.

Have you ever tried to catch a ball while someone has their hand ON, not in from of, your face???

That was pass interference, facemask and hands to the face all in one play that didn’t get called

I bet if I stood next to you and we had people throw you footballs and right before the ball got there I popped you in the face with the palm of my hand …you could probably catch one out of 10 …maybe

1 Like

Not the only td he’s dropped this year. And he still should have caught that one. He lost it when he hit the ground.

I’m not sure if I have or not. I was a TE and MLB my sophomore year in High School. No sure if that ever happened. They didn’t throw to me much. LOL.

You are right about all of this. I would maybe get lucky and catch 2 of 10. I have no size, no talent, and am not a professional football player that was drafted #8 OA.

Golliday is a Lion. Part of what he has to deal with, is exactly what you saw on MNF. He’s gotta learn to make that catch, and I believe he will. I am not Hock…he’s slightly better than me, and the expectations are slightly higher. :wink:

1 Like

For sure. It was in his hands alright, which was challenging enough. The takedown-by-facemask was something I hadn’t noticed until just now. Definitely not an easy one there.

I don’t care who you are. Professional or not.
There’s a reason pass interference is supposed to be a penalty …because it makes unfairly difficult to catch the ball even in the Pros

There’s a reason Grabbing the facemask is a penalty and there’s a reason hands to the face is a penalty. That the Packers did them all why our guys were trying to catch the ball and it caused them to “drop” the ball

Pass interference would not be a penalty if it didn’t disrupt the players ability to catch the pass

2 Likes

What you don’t really see, though, is that he was unable to turn his head to see where he was as the db was forcefully shoving his face backwards. He was unable to turn his head to prepare for impact.

I’ll call him Ebron when he deserves. Until I looked at the replay an hour ago, I was of a similar mindset as yourself… yeah, his site was obscured but he had two hands on it… But then I see the replay and see that it’s actually his being taken down by his facemask that leads to the ball coming out.

Have I written something that makes you believe I disagree with any of this? I agree with this 100%. It’s not an either/or situation. Go back and read what I wrote and see if you can find a shred of evidence that suggests I disagree with this.

If you perceive something to be an argument, it will be one to you. Your reality is what you decide it will be.

Same team here, Holmes.

Yeah when it happened at first I was pissed at TJ. Then when I saw what happened I was like well no wonder.

The bottom line is I can never look at a guy who is being interfered with and say he SHOULD have caught the ball. It’s a great play IF a guy catches the ball while being interfered with not something he should be expected to do

Just the feeling that he “should have caught it 7-10”

I 100% disagree with that train of thought by anybody, even though that was my real time reaction

It certainly isn’t personal because 99.9% of the time we are right on the same page and I got nothing but respect for you!

1 Like

Iggy, I am well aware of your style given the conversations we have had and the perspectives and tactics you have shared over the years. I am not going down your rabbit hole. I stand by what I said…you can disagree if you like. Don’t make assumptions and don’t put words in my mouth.

5 Likes

You are all bringing my spirits up after a rough Monday night. I feel like we can win any game but that doesn’t mean we will. Hoping you folks are right about this team

1 Like

How does our best team in 25 years getting screwed, probably out of playoff contention, make you feel better?

1 Like

Did you even attempt to read it?

1 Like

I thought so. I guess I’ll re-read it.

We need to stomp the Viking to get rid of the stench of Monday night’s fudge pack.
Then build up to crushing the Packers and their referee fan club right out of the playoffs.