Objective Expectations for 2020

I have zero issues saying this team lacked available talent necessary to play winning football. 2017 talent level got Caldwell fired for a similar reason, no pass-rush.

For goodness sake, they paid Melvin as a free agent to come in and play the 2nd starting corner position. 3.5 mil scrub as your starter? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

1 Like

definitely the weak link, but still an upgrade from Lawson. Still, we need to do better.

Not an upgrade, kind sir.

Lawson could run with the receivers, he just couldn’t play the ball. Melvin can’t do either.

2 Likes

In the spirit of spreading brotherly love and focusing on the outcome…we agree he needs to be replaced

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Playoff win or GTFO

4 Likes

Playoff win or out.

To reiterate, I think this team is tanking and mailed it in after Oakland. I don’t mean the players. I mean the coaches.

I am wondering if he will make it to next year. Lots of noise right now!

1 Like

This is nobody’s first choice, or even 20th. We are the last place Lions for most of the last 60 years.
We live in a cold climate, with among the highest taxes in the country.
We have to overpay to get anyone to come here, or to stay.

Well, line makes a great point about expectations before moves are made this spring. But I would assume that any type of positive record they have next year will be looked at as a success and they are building something. If they sold this as a culture shift, if they look at injuries and these two years as bumpy growth then if they go 10-6 and make the playoffs then next year it would be looked at as positive growth towards sustained success. I think the only way they get fired next year is a 8-8 record or worse. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I’m far from sold on Quintricia, but, they’re not responsible for the prior 50 years of our misery.
They’re not responsible for for being here. They deserve a chance to grow into the job.

2 Likes

I want Patricia gone but if he goes 9-7 or 10-6 and misses the playoffs or doesn’t win a playoff game there is no way I don’t bring him back in 2021.

You would think a fanbase like ours would understand a winning record is nothing to take for granted.

3 Likes

Cities where I don’t even need to look up whether or not it’s a higher tax burden because it is. Boston New York San Francisco Los Angeles Chicago Washington DC Seattle Philadelphia

That’s 12 teams right there so it seems pretty clear Detroit is no worse than median, tax burden wise

3 Likes

8-8 is the ceiling next year under this administration/coaching staff. They should be fired now due to that reasonable understanding.

We’ve seen a lot of characters come through our front office and coaching ranks. They’re just the latest crew with their own brand of suck. I really wanted these guys to succeed. I truly did. But it’s just not happening with them. I know these guys were known as “smart football guys” as well as their academic accomplishments.

Sooooo…

I’ll file these guys under the “They’re so smart they’re stupid” category.

Their high level math just isn’t adding up to W

2 Likes

But reputation and living conditions IE the murder capital, largest City to go into bankruptcy, Urban blight Etc for example driven by the general Public’s perception in addition to lions being much less attractive NFL team make Detroit frankly an unattractive NFL location compared to most of those others that are considered glamour cities.

Now, eliminate the warm climates.
Then, the 60 year losers.

2 Likes

Hey, man! I may live in Florida, but I’m only 48!

1 Like

Then, lifelong losers…
Better?

1 Like

You know, when I’m the voice of reason, the rest of you have some serious issues.

Still, I’m only 48. I have a chance to turn it around, bro! I’m telling you, man!

1 Like

This is more entertaining when you read it in Dwight Schrute’s voice.

3 Likes

A lot of my family owns property in Fort Lauderdale by the sea and also Tampa. I love the beach…but damn how do you guys stand it a mile inland and away from the breez?My cousin says she cranks the air whenever she wants to wear a hoodie.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes