Politics Thread (Keep it here!)

The graft in these project must be incredible.

Down here in Florida, I am always amazed at how long a road takes to build. In Michigan construction gets done in a summer a lot of times. Here, its literally YEARS and they have all year to work.

1 Like

Quid Pro Quo

They declined to charge him criminally, but he is guilty as hell. And, if you read the declination letter it has nothing to do with lying to congress and everything to do with lying to the IG. Which means, Barr believes he was already sanctioned when they fired him. But run eith that for a few days.

And nobody has the microscope up the contractors ass? Obvious skimming.

1 Like

Because the public is listening to what’s going on, and I don’t think people like the fact that you got somebody at the top basically trying to dictate whether somebody should be prosecuted," Walton said. “I just think it’s a banana republic when we go down that road, and we have those type of statements being made that are conceivably, even if not, influencing the ultimate decision. I think there are a lot of people on the outside who perceive that there is undue inappropriate pressure being brought to bear.”

“It’s very disturbing that we’re in the mess that we’re in in that regard,” Walton added later. “Because I think having been a part of the prosecution for a long time and respecting the role that prosecutors play in the system. I just think the integrity of the process is being unduly undermined by inappropriate comments and actions on the part of people at the top of our government. I think it’s very unfortunate. And I think as a government and as a society, we’re going to pay a price at some point for this.”

A federal judge said this about McCabe’s case back in Sept. Then you have the President claiming an absolute right to interfere in whatever case he wants inside the DOJ openly and boastfully. You can ignore all this, but its corruption and a corrupt mind-set in broad daylight.

The only people who should be going to jail for anything related to the Russian hoax, are the people responsible for the Russian hoax. This is common sense, shouldn’t even need to be said. You’ve got Mueller scum trying to give insane prison sentences. The idiotic partisanship from these losers never stops. Trump is going to steamroll your sorry a##es in November. Deal with it.

Maybe he will, he hasn’t lifted a finger to stop Russia has he? They hacked into voter databases. God knows what information they have to micro-target his opponent. I’m glad you think a man convicted by a juror is not guilty and its partisan for a prosecutor to recommend a sentence to the judge. That shit is done every day, and this case is no different.

The only one who really gives a crap about our election is China. They need Trump to lose and bad. But it’s not going to happen. You think Putin cares, but he really doesn’t. He might play some games just because you’re all a bunch of whiners and it amuses him.

1 Like

Which scenario are you replying to?

Maybe the DOJ should have taken all that money they wasted trying to impeach the President on fraudulent charges and spent it on cyber security?

Both…and the California “Bullet Train” (odd name for a train in California), too.
And, I-75 in Flint/Saginaw.

1 Like

Well, protect pedophiles that don’t have dirt on Clinton. Epstein didn’t kill himself.

1 Like

The scenario I gave isn’t an issue of skimming. It’s a case of ridiculous one size fits all laws/regulations to build on site. It’s a whole new league. It’s actually cheaper to buy surrounding land, tear down homes and build storage on the property then it is to build one storage barn on site. I can’t explain why. It’s a gov thing.

Yeah, they have been working on I-75 and I-675 my entire adult life.

1 Like

This feud will have life beyond the nomination if Sanders is the nominee. Every Republican alive will be repeating what Carville said and will use it as a noose around Democrats down ballot. It’s a terrible idea to run Sanders.

Bernie Sanders:

“James, in all due respect, is a political hack. We are taking on Trump, the Republican establishment, Carville and the Democratic establishment. But at the end of the day, the grassroots movement that we are putting together — of young people, of working people, of people of color — want real change.”

James Carville in response:

“Last night on CNN, Bernie called me a political hack. That’s exactly who the fuck I am! I am a political hack! I am not an ideologue. I am not a purist. He thinks it’s a pejorative. I kinda like it! At least I’m not a communist.”

1 Like

Jim Jordan is doing one heck of a job protecting pedophiles.

You need new material. You might want to try more relaxed reading materials instead of misinformation that makes you angry.

The million dollar question in the Democratic party is whether they are going to fight fire with fire against the GOP. Right now, the GOP, not just Trump, the GOP at large, is using misinformation campaigns in the dirtiest possible ways. Some Dems want to get in the mud, some Dems don’t.

There’s a difference. Bloomberg takes it to Trump daily, but he’s not a member of what Carville calls an “ideological cult.” Embracing Bernie is a huge mistake. We just watched this go down in Great Britain where the Trump clone crushed the Bernie clone.

1 Like

I definitely agree with you and believe Bernie is not the answer.

The problem is that all the other candidates generally suck.

I still think Warren has a shot at emerging. She has to breakout in some way, be it a debate or a speech.