RB - Alex Collins

I heard he has had some visits with a few NFL teams but has yet to sign anywhere. He broke his leg last year and missed the season. He was in a car accident and was arrested. The NFL issued him a 3 game suspension and he still has to serve that. Any team who signs him will need to take that into consideration.

However the kid rushed for almost 1000 yrds in 2017.

I think the Lions could be buyers for his services. He maybe the best value out there if he checks out medically.

Here’s an older article from last season for those interested.

1 Like

I was a little surprised no one wanted to join in on this conversation. He’s still currently unsigned. He’s too good to not get another chance.

I wonder why no ones signed him yet.

many have there pets in draft so they will not look at any FA. I wonder about his medical he may not be ready yet . I would sure look at him if he passes medical an likely would be cheap.

He would add experience depth an we would know what we are getting.

I hope Lions don’t look at a RB before rd 4 or 5 .

That’s a valid point Yote. He broke his leg and had surgery but he was expected to return last season. Before he could he had the off the field issues and still has to serve a 3 game suspension.

Reports are that he’s healthy and teams are starting to work him out. I figured a RB needy team would just snatch him up. But maybe the 3 game suspension is a concern. I believe he will sign with somebody.

Also let’s remember that in 2018 he reported to training camp out of shape and a little heavy. So I guess there’s a pattern here. Maybe the kid just isn’t too bright. That might explain why no one has signed him.

The more I think about this kid and his concerns the less likely I think he would land here.

Are there any other cheap FA RB options that you think could help us?

Yeah, I like a couple RB’s that should be there with our first pick in the 5th. A guy like Collins is someone you might add after the draft and let him compete in camp.