Redskins LOVE Simmons

This is from a twitter report from Jason La Confora (former Redskins beat guy). He says the Redskins absolutely love I. Simmons and are open to trading back. Could just be all smoke and mirrors but it got me so damn excited to even think about Chase Young falling to #3. April 23rd cannot get here soon enough!! Let’s go!

2 Likes

Been saying the whole time I think Young will be there at 3!

2 Likes

If Chase Young is there and Quinn passes, I’m going to join Iggy, BigTenPhan, and others in calling for Quinn’s termination.

8 Likes

How good is chase young?

Best player in the draft…he’s better than Myles Garrett and the Bosa brothers in terms of the whole package…athletic ability, bend, strength, speed and football IQ. He posted the highest pass rush grade ever for pff. He’s up there with Julius Peppers, he’s THAT good of a prospect.

8 Likes

Damn, dude. You just described Lawrence Taylor. If he is that - I’m on board with taking him too

3 Likes

What is the boards opinion of Young as an edge setter? Can he hold up against the run or drop into coverage? From what I’ve seen and read about it’s clear he is an elite pass rush talent.

I’m just hoping we don’t get another one of those “I’m the smartest guy in the room” moves from Quinn and he takes OT Tristan Wirfs at No. 3 overall.

2 Likes

Lol well, he doesn’t have that ferocity, few people due.

1 Like

It’s not impossible that somebody trades up with Wash to take Young rather than Tua or Burrows. I hope he’s there for us, it would be really dumb not to.

Yes, he can set the edge. He can do it all. He is best when pinning his ears back and dominating the opposing O-Lineman from either side. He is great because his is not a 1 trick pony like a guy like Flowers who is primarily a right side dude who allegedly “sets the edge”, while the opposing team guts us all the way down the field. Young is a disruptive impact player. Nothing like Flowers.

His game translates well to the NFL, which is why he is the very first non QB player on every single mock draft. He is the ONLY can’t miss player in the entire draft, in my opinion. If we weren’t full of holes, he would be worth trading up to #2 for. But since Quinn has raped and pillaged this roster for 4 years, we don’t have that luxury. Just gotta pry he falls to 3.

5 Likes

He’s as good as any end at defending the run, his read/react skills are elite, he rarely over-pursues and has a knack for shooting gaps. As far as coverage, he didn’t do it much, he’s too good attacking the football to waste his talents in coverage.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to give up a 3rd to move up one spot to get him.

With a different GM, I might agree, but with Quinn, the 3rd round is the only round he has any success in the draft. He pisses away 1st and 2nd rounders like nobody else.

The more important question Is who does Daniel Snyder love?

please people, it’s for your own good. this fanbase has got to temper expectations…Okudah is all we get and no trade down. Trade back is gravy. Young is frosting on top. Trade back and Okudah is a cherry on top. Let’s keep it real y’all. This is the most unpredictable draft in the most unpredictable of times.

2 Likes

I just saw a PFF mock that had Young falling to 3… and the Lions take Okudah instead.

1 Like

If that happened, a real owner would never let Quinn make the 2nd round pick. He would be fired after pick #3. Too bad the Lions have been owner less for 60+ years.

2 Likes

As bad as the pass rush has been, and more importantly the lack of consistent pressure generated without blitzing, if Quinn passes on Young, his career as a GM is https://youtu.be/qyJKrP7L-kM as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

The Lions are taking Okudah no matter what.
The Chiefs could call up and offer Mahomes straight up for the #3 pick and Quinn would turn the trade down.
The guy has tunnel vision and sucks at his job.

5 Likes