Report: Tua/ Family doesn’t want him playing for Lions

Sources close to Tagovailoas say the Alabama quarterback would love for the Dolphins to trade up to No. 3 to select him. Those same sources say they don’t love the idea of Detroit actually picking Tua because of the arc of that team’s current coaching situation.

The Lions will be playing their third season under Matt Patricia in 2020. He has a 9-22-1 record his first two seasons and the Tagovailoas are concerned another poor season could force the Lions to fire Patricia – putting the quarterback in the uncertain 2021 situation of being a draft pick the new coach didn’t make.

1 Like

Perfect! Don’t want him anyways!

2 Likes

Agreed! But milk it out…

Seriously, who celebrated getting drafted by the Lions? Why would they?
One playoff win in 62 years. Cold climate. High taxes. Asshole headcoach. A GM that is the smartest guy in the room, and an owner and team president that don’t know shit about football.
Only guys that never thought they’d be drafted celebrate, unless we take them too high, like last year’s first two picks.
500,000+ Michigan residents have left Michigan in the last 20 years.

2 Likes

Tua aside, this is why I think the Lions will struggle tremendously in free agency this year.

I can’t see the Lions beating out any competitors for quality players at a fair price. The only way we get top tier talent is by paying a premium.

This is a problem, in my opinion. Not just because the Lions need to overpay, but because they’ll never land the guys that are willing to take a slightly lower paycheck to play for a winner. In my opinion, those are the guys you need to win championships, not the guys willing to pass on a winning team for a losing team for a higher paycheck.

1 Like

Indeed. I won’t blanket statement it and say NO players have ever been excited, but I think it’s safe to say most wouldn’t have minded going elsewhere.

I remember the year we drafted Fairley. He looked so miserable lol. Zero excitement from him or his family and they all just became millionaires. Mayock even calls it out.

His parents are morons …This kid should be praying to GOD to be a first round pick at this point . Excluding anyone makes zero sense .

Iggy funny you did not post the article lower on the page…Slay’s comments sure do not sound like he is planning on or wanting to leave either actually says he want to retire a Lion.

Slay Likes Look Of Lions With ‘Hell Of A Player’ Jeff Okudah…https://971theticket.radio.com/articles/news/darius-slay-likes-look-of-lions-with-jeff-okudah

Slay’s comments read to me as - “I’ll play for whoever pays me the most money. I don’t really care so long as someone pays me as much money as possible. If that’s the Lions, great. If it’s someone else, just as good.”

Is that good? I dunno…it’s fair, that’s for sure. I certainly don’t blame slay for his stance at all. This goes back to my previous post though - I want guys in Detroit that would take less to be winners. Ultra-competitive guys that NEED to win more than they need an extra $1 million bucks annually.

The Lions desperately need to find a way to become a consistent competitor so they can be amongst the teams that land those kinds of players.

About the only way the Lions can fuck this up is by selecting Okudah while letting Slay walk.

2 Likes

No his parents are smart. You would be a moron to actually think that other teams won’t be lining up to draft this guy. The only morons are us fans who keep begging for more emotional abuse every year.

1 Like

Well yeah, his family loves him.

2 Likes

My father must of hated me! LOL

1 Like

Yeah. So much for this story.

One of Tagovailoa‘a agents, Chris Cabott, told the Detroit Free Press that Tagovailoa, his family and representatives all agree that Detroit would be a welcome landing spot for a player once considered the No. 1 prospect in the draft.

“It would be an honor for Tua to play for the Detroit Lions if given the opportunity,” Cabott said. “And we as a family, along with the Tagovailoa family, feel united in that belief.”

2 Likes

Heres a little more context as well:

"Sources close to Tagovailoas say the Alabama quarterback would love for the Dolphins to trade up to No. 3 to select him. Those same sources say they don’t love the idea of Detroit actually picking Tua because of the arc of that team’s current coaching situation.

The Lions will be playing their third season under Matt Patricia in 2020. He has a 9-22-1 record his first two seasons and the Tagovailoas are concerned another poor season could force the Lions to fire Patricia – putting the quarterback in the uncertain 2021 situation of being a draft pick the new coach didn’t make."
If any of that’s true, that’s actually good reasoning.

HMMMMMMM…

1 Like

So Armando Salgureo of the Miami Herald wrote the article.
A reporter from all places MIAMI , who has covered the Dolphins forever and apparently wants Tua , sights secret, undisclosed sources, close to the family (Of course they are close to the family, they always are) who made those claims about his parents not wanting him to be drafted by the Lions in a way that was, I guess pissing on Detroit …
I post his Parents would be morons to say something like this and that it would make zero sense…but then I’m told no …his parents would be smart & that I’m the Moron ?

Then an actual named source says this

How is that take working out for you Canucklehead, it did not age well…:wink:

Yep… great reasoning here Canucklehead …
Another Patriots/Belichick disciple in Brian Flores who was hired in 2019 as HC , who then after his one shit season as HC proceeds to fire… Assistant head coach Jim Caldwell, Offensive CO Chad O’Shea, O-Line coach Dave DeGuglielmo and DC Patrick Graham …he fires all of them, after leading lead his Dolphins team to a 5-11 Season in 2019 and then proceeds to hire nearly the entire NY JETS Offensive Staff from the 2015 season that went 5-11 as his new plan …:joy::thinking:

This is a great idea , and makes sense because the Dolphins are the model franchise …hahahaha .

You would think by now that an un-named source close to the family would be a dead give-a-way that this is 100% a BS report.

Besides the article didN’t say Tua or his family felt that way. They said the so-called source feels that way.

Basically the article said.

His cousins barber told the Miami Herald that Tua would love to play for MIA. That same barber - who is a Miami native and Miami fan - told the Miami herald that he doesn’t like the idea of Tua to DET.

That doesn’t equate that Tua doesn’t want to go to DET. Not even close.

So Tua’s agent (a named source with verified ties to the Tua family) now has to come out and set the record straight.

Tua knows that any hype generated for him at 3 or round one is a positive. He’s not going to jeopardize that by making crazy statements. The kid is too smart for that.

Personally I would think he’d love to land in DET or any team that has a veteran he can sit behind for a season. I think it is wise for him to not rush back from his injury and to take a year sitting behind a veteran QB.

1 Like

You know my take on Tua …I wish him the best and feel for him…what happened sucks …

You are right about the hype part to an extent …
If he finds out he is going to a team somehow in round #1 and he is okay with that landing spot , I would not even work out. These tests at the combine will say nothing as to his long term health and the possible later issues that will still be a possibility to show its head based on the 12 - 14 months window of MRI’s … he will have …
Get drafted , get a playbook , learn from a Pro , and heal up the best you can. Figure out what you have as far as rotation in that hip now and how to best use it and rest the other injuries as well … I had a real bad high ankle sprain when I was in my 20’s …I swear that shit hurt for over a year on and off.:joy:…that injury he suffered will also be a mental hurdle…The worst thing for this kid is going to be any franchise that tries to rush him.

I didn’t call you a moron. Do you think Tua gets drafted outside the top 3? I highly doubt it. Yes i realize this is all speculation but what sane person would want their kid to play for Detroit or Cleveland? (Outside of Lions fans). None of what has been reported since changes the fact that not wanting your kid to play for the Lions is actually pretty sound advice.

I was just braking your balls…

…Talk is talk . Yes I can see this kid slipping out of the first round . With his situation, his parents should be begging the Lions to take him at #3. It’s not sound advice and especially when the idea is they would be angling to avoid the Lions to go to what I would consider to be a worse situation in Miami . This is not a Chargers /Giants situation .