The impact for the Lions is justification that they have concluded that they will have a shot at a QB. The key is whether they like Herbert or Tua or someone else. The Lions need Herbert and/or Tua to look great in workouts to get at least two teams gunning for someone. Miami has the ammo to own any competition moving up. That could cause someone like SD or Jaxonville to get aggressive and elevate the cost. This is the type of trade and draft I would love to see for the Lions:
FA - DL Armstead/Jones, LB Fowler/Barrett, CB Ryan
TD #3 - #5 + #27 + 2nd in 2021
TD #35 - #45-50 + 3rd
- WR Jeudy - an impact WR to use the biggest weapon on the team - Stafford’s arm!
- OT Jones/Becton - a starting RT with versatility.
- RB Dobbins - a durable RB to solidify the overall group.
- DB Winfield - a playmaker with a great pedigree.
- OG Bredeson - an OG to compete for the position
Improved Offense in both the running game and passing game. Three defensive starters to solidify that side of the ball. Stafford healthy with these weapons on offense and the Lions are as good as any team in the NFC.