Rule changes for Comp picks?!

For the contract geeks :heart::+1:

I started to read it and fell asleep but it has impact on our team so here it is!!

Basically, the only way Snacks produces a comp pick for us is if we pick up his option for the 2021 season AND he signs to play elsewhere in 2022, then we’d get a comp pick in 2023 if his contract and playing time is enough.

In other words, “You get nothing! Good day sir!”

1 Like

Risdon is an idiot in this … lol

There’s nothing special about Snacks deal that warrants this article besides we’re not gonna get a comp pick for Snacks because he won’t play that long.

1 Like

In fairness to Jeff, he is reporting on a new change to the rule and said the only player for Detroit that it MIGHT affect is Harrison. Jeff Risdon is not an idiot.

2 Likes

Jeff Risdon is the definition of a fraud lol. The guy is wrong in almost everything he says. His “big board” he produces, is embarrassing. He is a horrible judge of talent, doesn’t understand how the NFL works, and is overall just a weird guy. He would be lucky to pick 40% against the spread. He “covers” the Browns and most Browns fans treat him as the joke he is. He ran around shooting his mouth off that Suh was going no where and all of his “sources” inside the Lions told him that at Senior Bowl. Please stop pumping Jeff Risdons tires on here. He is no different than a fan.

While I wouldn’t call him an idiot, it is an awkward connection/article. Tying the rule change to Snacks at this point is too much a stretch. He can talk about the league closing the “option year loophole” but that just means other teams that have been using it no longer will. (NE and Denver are the ones that come to mind.). The story isn’t how it impacts all 32 teams, it’s how it impacts the teams that exploited it, which we never did

2 Likes

Iggy, you have made it clear what your opinion on Jeff is for some time. You really think I care?

2 Likes