Scarborough or somebody else?

What will Scarboroughs role and workload be and what do you expect?

Is he enough (along with a hopefully healthy Kerryon) for the Lions to be good enough at running back?

Or do they definitely need somebody else significant? Who could that player be?

I think Scarbrough was good enough for us last year, but he’s gotta stay healthy. Which is a problem for him, so I think the Lions have either sign an FA powerback or draft one somewhere on Day 3. That’s cuz they need to bolster that defense more than they need to bolster their RBs.

At least one “somebody else” would be nice in Round 2 if the Lions can pick up an extra Rd 2 selection.

1 Like

I’d love for Bo to be our 3rd.

1 Like

i’d like him to be #4 on the depth chart.

If the Lions have an NFL level backfield he shouldn’t be on the roster. He’s a fringe NFL player, who wouldn’t make a real NFL roster. That’s been proven repeatedly. The only reason he would be on the Lions is because the Lions RB group is terrible.

2 Likes

I like him as a number three back. Get a true number 1 and slide KJ down to #2 and we’ve got a good backfield.

1 Like

Add one in the draft with KJ, Scar and Ty, then I’m content at RB

1 Like

TY Johnson and Scarborough are not NFL caliber backs. Period. Ty Johnson showed absolutely nothing last year.

1 Like

You keep BO, he is young, he is cheap and can be the Hammer .
A role player 3rd down hammer . He’s proved as much in his limited time here he was 4 of 5 on 3rd and 4th and short with four 1st downs gained & 8 of 12 on any run of 3 yards or less
Let him take the beatings that come from these type runs and Draft a stud in the second round in Dobbins or Swift

1 Like

Agree on Ty. Bo did show something though. Did he show enough for us not to seek an upgrade? Absolutely not. But he was pretty productive given the situation.

2 Likes

Except for a couple plays in the last game which were of the “even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile” variety, agree on Ty Johnson. There was a reason he was available in Rd 6.

However, as to Bo Scarborough, the jury is still out. He didn’t have the benefit of training camp or preseason, but nonetheless performed. I think he belongs on the Lions roster even if they draft a Dobbins, Taylor, or Swift.

1 Like

100% he did everything Blount could not do …Many here said (my self included) draft the kid late and let him be the hammer in 2018 prior to signing Blount . He has a role here .

1 Like

I’d be fine waiting in the draft and getting a 1A to KJ’s 1B but I really want that guy to be a home run threat. Dobbins or Taylor is still my preference though

Yes Sir …Dobbins to me is the best RB in this Draft …Paired with KJ , BO & I keep TY for upside and development and you have a real nice RB room that is cheap and young.

Here’s a reminder from Dec 2019, after his initial three games as a Lions starter

I would like to know how he did or did not do on STs … that makes a big difference imho for RB and depth WRs

1 Like

This is from the month but nothing on ST impact

Realistic expectations? Somewhere between 2012 and 2013 Joique Bell.

Did not play a single snap on special teams that likely had to do with the RB room being decimated though

That’s a solid possibility. Nice POV brother! Maybe this yr he’s will get to try it out

1 Like