SI LionMaven: Three players who improved their draft stock at Senior Bowl week

DT Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina. “According to Bucky Brooks of NFL.com, ‘If NFL scouts conducted a draft with only the 2020 Senior Bowl participants, Kinlaw would be the consensus No. 1 pick. The 6-5, 315-pound defensive lineman has been a one-man wrecking crew in drills, displaying an exceptional combination of strength, power and athleticism while pummeling blockers in one-on-one and team exercises. Kinlaw not only flashes his brute strength with jiujitsu-like hand skills, but he is explosive off the ball and his first-step quickness is problematic when he’s given the freedom to play as a one-gap penetrator at the line of scrimmage.’”

OLB Josh Uche, Michigan

Uche brings a good amount of versatility to the linebacker position.

The two-time All-Big Ten honoree is productive in stopping the run and when deployed as a pass rusher.

He’s a capable tackler, and impressively can rush the quarterback from either the up or down position via solid power in both his hips and hands.

DE Jason Strowbridge, North Carolina

At 6-4 and 267-pounds, the defensive end out of North Carolina created a buzz among the media and scouting circles with his display of quickness and athleticism throughout the week of practices.

He routinely displayed an ability to blow past edge blockers and his array of moves will make him a valuable addition to a team’s defensive line.

1 Like

I like all 3, Kinlaw was flying under the radar but news is out. Been watching him for awhile he would be great fit. Stowbridge seems like a really good fit here also like what keep hearing. Good stuff

He looked great coming off the edge the other guy who I thought looked great coming off the edge was Anae from Utah.

1 Like

Herbert had a great showing as well so that is GREAT news! Now all we need is for Tua to get healthy fast and throw better at his workout than he ever has.

Let the bidding begin!

1 Like

Those are the 3 names that stood out to me as well. I’d probably add Gordon to the list, too. Not in the same respect as Herbert, but he certainly played respectably.

I think my dreams of getting Kinlaw at the top of the second round are coming to an end.

I’d say highly unlikely. But maybe the Lions could trade up? Is he even a fit for the MP defense?

1.5 Okudah
1.18 Kinlaw
2.35 Dobbins

-Mic drop-

5 Likes

Kinlaw has been projected as a top 20 pick before the Senior Bowl, he’s only an option if we trade down.

He’ll go top 15 I’m guessing.

1 Like

Exactly, that where I wanted him too. Fuhgeddaboudit.

If it went down that way and BQ proceeded to take long snappers with every pick that followed I would still be ecstatic with that draft.

2 Likes

You spelled Brown’s name wrong at 5, but besides that, perfect first two rounds.

2 Likes

I just said No and never got Hooked on Phonics…

1 Like

I think have 3 highly sought after QBs in the draft could actually hurt our chances at a trade down

I was thinking more of a trade down from 3 and then up from round 2 if we wanted him. I doubt we would trade down far enough with our first pick to warrant selecting him. But I could see us trading up from our second or possibly taking him if we acquired two firsts.

Points are close if we TD w Miami for their 2nd rounder (10 points in our favor). If we package our 2nd and 3rd, we can trade for Philly’s 1st rounder, which is pick 21 and they get 5 points in their favor.

1a. Okuda CB

1b. Kinlaw DL

1. Swift RB

FA: Judon EDGE, Sherff OG, Joseph SS. Good start with some good resources left.

2 Likes