Sleeper LB Akeem Davis Gaither

This kid is playing in the senior bowl and he’s my sleeper LBer for the upcoming draft.

The kid has speed, range and is a tenacious hitter. He a decent at pass rushing too.

Downside is he’s light and really needs to bulk up. He’s only 215 lbs. but he has the frame to add weight. Some teams might move him to safety.

Coming from a small school he’s going to need time to adjust to the NFL. But he will likely be drafted between rounds 3-5. If he were bigger he’d be a top 100 lock. Huge upside and could be a draft day steal.

If you watch the senior bowl. Pay attention to him. He will impress you.

Here’s an article on him.

Check out kyahva Tezino

He could be a late rd sleeper lb as well

Think the weight he would need to add to fit into Patricia’s prototypical LB mold would take too much away from that speed and range. You’re talking about adding about 30lbs, give or take a few. He’s going to get pushed around quite a bit at the pro level as linebacker at his current size, unless he’s coming on a delayed blitz on a regular basis and has a nose for finding a hole and can avoid the RB stepping into him. I think I agree with the idea of having him at safety, but I’m not sure I’d agree with the article saying he could be taken in the 1st or 2nd rd if he’s going to be switching positions.

Chazz Surratt is a guy you could look up, too. 6’2" 230 lbs. He can run and cover. Poor man’s Isaiah Simmons.

I doubt he goes earlier than a 3rd and later than a 5th.

I like Kyle Dugger from Lenoir-Rhyne as someone who could move from safety to LB. 6’2" and 220, doesn’t have to gain much to get into LB weight and has great coverage skills, something we’re not getting from our LB’s right now.