Spielman's auctions

I don’t know how many of you guys are following Chris Spielman on Twitter, but he’s auctioning off memorabilia that he has accumulated over the years for the purpose of helping those who are now struggling due to covid-19.

Amazing.

3 Likes

So F’ing cool. I love seeing people doing something positive.

I wonder what Ebron is doing to help others…

Seriously though, love this

5 Likes

Ebron helped the people of Detroit and Indy, by leaving.

5 Likes

Spielman is one of my all-time favorites. Had so much admiration for him for his support of his wife going through cancer. I hope he puts out some Lions stuff.

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

Yes…less depression for them during these tough times LOL

1 Like

Yea, I will be watching for that. If he puts a Lions Jersey out I will be a tough out in the auction

2 Likes

You go for the Bills jersey, I’ll go for the Lions one, fair enough?? :wink: :innocent:

1 Like
1 Like

One of my all-time favorite Lions. Was rather upset when the Lions decided to let him go in favor of Pepper Johnson to try to save $$.

Spielman is the franchise’s all-time leader in career tackles with 1,020[(since the team began recording tackles statistically in 1973). He also recorded 10 sacks, four interceptions, 30 pass defenses, 13 forced fumbles and 17 fumble recoveries during his Lions’ career. He was the first Lion to lead the team in tackles seven consecutive seasons since 1973, including the team’s highest single-season tally 195 tackles in 1994. Spielman represented the Lions in four Pro Bowls (1990–92, 1995) and was named the team’s defensive MVP in 1993 and 1994.

#Fail

:slight_smile:

Always a class act and a great gesture. I’d love to have him in the Lion front office somewhere.

3 Likes

My size too :slight_smile:

If it had the Lions logo somewhere I would be into it more.

Or dump Lomas and put him with Dan Miller

1 Like

Why? The guy has trouble enough talking coherently while broadcasting at this point. He is probably going to lose his job as a broadcaster soon enough. His takes on players are usually cringeworthy as well.

Great guy, good player and a class act… just not cut out for coaching/ front office role and no longer should be an announcer. Spielman is the worst colour guy in football after Booger.

How does it help the Lions win games though? Sounds like he’s just looking for attention.

7 Likes

I was really hoping people wouldn’t take Ig’s trolling.

3 Likes

Bet he loves Troy Aikman slurring through the microphone, being the Dallas fan that he is. The NFL let Madden sound like and idiot and Pat Summer all be in a drunken stuper for years too.

1 Like

Yeah. Having an opinion on something related to the topic. That’s not “trolling”. Get over it, pops.

1 Like

Aikman will most likely be a GM before it is said and done and is the top colour guy for FOX. Spielman will be out of gig within 3 years and will never touch an NFL front office. The difference between the 2 is night and day.

:joy: :joy: :joy: Exactly, classic Iggy

2 Likes