Sporting News Mock - Chase Young to Lions!

Would love this. Like some others have pointed out, the skins really need OT help since Trent Williams has vowed to not play for them again, and Jeudy is considered by some as the best offensive player in the draft.

Given this scenario I suppose it’s possible. Also, if we are really worried about it I wonder how much it would cost to move up 1 pick, given the skins have other needs anyways?

1 Like

I approve, I guess I wouldn’t be overly surprised if the skins took Jeudy.

1 Like

OT or WR. I think there is at least an argument to be made that their top pick will be one that directly impacts Haskins.

I would be so pissed if Snyder makes the “sensible” pick…need them to take Thomas or a wr. It would be lionesque to miss by one pick for young and Josh Allen last year. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

The Lions had ONE hit on Drew Lock today. One. This team absolutely needs Chase Young.

3 Likes

Given they have other needs, even if they are leaning towards Chase Young, they’d be open to potentially flip flopping spots with us for maybe a fourth or even a future third going their way from us to get their close second choice.

Quinn and Patricia are in the hot seat and need to improve and quick. They need a day one impact player.

1 Like

NFL rules don’t prohibit people not named Chase Young from rushing the passer. I would love to have him as well but even if we’re picking third we’ll still have ample opportunities to help our pass rush during the off-season

3 Likes

I fully expect Quinn to take a CB considering it would make zero sense.

1 Like

Packers took Tony Sandwich over Barry Sanders. Ya never know.

1 Like

Just think of the quality of the long snappers available at #3OA.

5 Likes

LOL

1 Like

I agree in spirit however quality pass rushers are a rare commodity. Who do you have in mind if we miss out on CY?

Long Snapper or TE at #3. That will keep Quinn up late at night. Sorry, couldn’t resist I think we need pass rush so as of now Young is the guy I like. If that doesn’t happen we are still in great shape as we can deal

I think someone like the Jags may want to get ahead of Miami for a QB. I would like those 2 to fall in love with a QB and have to make a deal. It would involve us dropping down a couple picks but most likely getting a high 2nd round pick ++++.

Still get Brown at 5

1 Like

If were at #3:

No to trade up, yes to trade down.

2 Likes

In the big ten alone I think both Epenesa and Gross-Matos could help us a lot.

They did quote Patricia during the game today as saying that they’re pass rush problems was due to not getting enough push on the interior which allowed teams to help and chip
on their edge rushers.

Could just be coach speak but perhaps MP doesn’t view edge rusher as their biggest weakness?

2 Likes

Totally agree with you, Syd. If no Young then trade down

1 Like

That’s a good point. I don’t think it’s coach speak. Think the most important position in MP’s defense is the DT/interior dline that is the position that has been so hampered all year…ripple effect.

This is false. Don Muhlbach is retiring finally, everyone knows we’re taking another franchise LS at the top of the first.

1 Like

The sad thing is that pretty much all of us know that we are gonna suck again next year no matter who we take in the draft.

Then we will fire Quintricia and begin a new cycle of suck.

I actually don’t think we’ll suck if Stafford is healthy. I think we’ll probably be 7-9/9-7. I think we would’ve been this year as well.