Stafford 8th Best QB in NFL

Per this panel…

Wentz, Dak, Brady, and Josh Allen should all be ahead of Stafford. The article is right that Stafford is on par with Kirk.

1. Josh Allen
  2. Teddy Bridgewater

That’s where this article lost all credibility to me.

1 Like

Bout right.

1 Like

Games played:
Rodgers- 16
Kirk- 16
Stafford-8

Turnovers:
Kirk -9
Stafford-8
Rodgers-8

1 Like

Interesting …Kirk played 15 games by the way…What were the numbers for all after 8 since that is relevant …:shushing_face: Stop the nonsense…

Rodgers- 8 Games 16TD’s 2 INT’s, 2324yds, Cmp 65%, 106 QB Rating 2 Fumbles 2 Lost
Cousins- 8 Games 12TD’s 3 INT’s , 1997yds, Cmp 72% 115 QB Rating 7 Fumbles 2 Lost
Stafford- 8 Games 19TD’s 5 INT’s, 2499yds, Cmp 64% 106 QB rating, 5 Fumbles 3 Lost

Listing fumbles when the pressure they all face being 100% different is ridiculous …

We know our Defense giving up …217 pts for Stafford to try and match in 8 games compared to …
Kirk 112 & Rodgers 153 is totally different passing situations as well …

5 Likes

Comparing is no different than the debate of a glass half empty or full.

The only thing I feel, believe and know?

Matt is the best QB the Lions ever had… my selfish little prayer is he gets himself and the Lions a SB before he moves on…

1 Like

An opinion based on silly numbers in what would be a multidimensional analysis. If the Vikes had Stafford, they would have won the SB.

The others through 8 games …Looks different doesn’t it ? Just how much easier is it to pass when your Defense does not give up 217 points like in Staffords situation ?

Lamar Jackson. 8 Games 12TD’s 5 INT’s, 1813yds, Cmp 64%, 95 QB Rating 0 Fumbles 0 Lost, 6 wins
P. Mahomes… . 8 Games 18TD’s 1 INT’s, 2626yds, Cmp 66%, 110 QB Rating 3 Fumbles 2 Lost 5 wins
Russell Wilson .8 Games 18TD’s, 1 INT’s, 2127yds, Cmp 68%, 115 QB Rating 4 Fumbles 1 Lost 6 wins
Drew Brees… . 8 Games 17TD’s, 4 INT’s, 2140yds, Cmp 73%, 109 QB Rating 0 Fumbles 0 Lost 5 wins
D. Watson… …8 Games 16TD’s, 5 INT’s, 2231yds, Cmp 69%, 105 QB Rating, 6 Fumbles 2 Lost 5 wins
Ryan Tanehill…8 Games 15TD’s, 5 INT’s, 1993yds, Cmp 69%, 118 QB Rating, 6 Fumbles 3 Lost 6 wins
Aaron Rodgers. 8 Games 16TD’s 2 INT’s, 2324yds, Cmp 65%, 106 QB Rating 2 Fumbles 2 Lost 7 wins
Kirk Cousins. … 8 Games 12TD’s 3 INT’s, 1997yds, Cmp 72% 115 QB Rating 7 Fumbles 2 Lost 6 wins
Matthew Stafford 8 Games 19TD’s 5 INT’s, 2499yds, Cmp 64% 106 QB rating, 5 Fumbles 3 Lost 3 wins
For Iggy’s sake
Dak Prescott… . 8 Games 15TD’s (10 of these TD’s against the Giants & Wash ) 8 INT’s, 2380yds, Cmp 68% 102 QB rating, 2 Fumbles 0 Lost 5 wins… Dak is a sham a fucking mirage

These numbers through 8 Games started should scream at you … Great QB’s are needed… Defense in particular , Running games…The team each QB has as a whole to work with, is everything when it comes to win totals …

4 Likes

No they wouldn’t have.

I like how you call it a silly opinion and then follow that up with a silly opinion of your own in the very next sentence. The irony was quite amusing! I guess I can say the writer backed up his silly opinion with something, that’s more than I can say for you.

2 Likes

Brady is the only one i can see that should be ahead of Stafford. Im sorry Iggy i know you love Dak but I think is overrated. I can maybe see Allen up there to only because they went to the playoffs. I think Wentz is a one year wonder at this point.

1 Like

Tom Brady is right where he belongs …he was not on par with the others…not when his Defense kept him in the best of circumstances , throwing with a lead and with that the run game and unpredictability of run/pass being a QB’s best friend …He is on the decline

1 Like

I love when you pull random ideas from your ass, write them down and then state them as fact. Your IQ just melted all our brains at once. Great argument though, way to add to the conversation as usual. Let me try:

“If Patricia was coach of the Chiefs, he would’ve gotten them into the Wildcard game this year! Also, he would’ve been so proud of them that he would go on a diet in the offseason and develop rock hard 8 pack abs. It’s just a fact, because most of you idiots don’t have a superior football intellect such as mine and couldn’t comprehend a quality football coach if they saw one, not to mention one that’s just waiting to show off his washboard abs.”

That’s what all your posts sound like for the past ten years, just substitute Stafford and imagine if what I just posted was even more tone deaf and obnoxious.

4 Likes

He won’t respond to you because he knows you’re smarter than he is.

2 Likes

Impossible! He’s the smartest, most open minded, enlightened, and most handsome person on the board! If you don’t comprehend that you must be an IDIOT.

3 Likes

Dude, appreciate you putting this together. This is interesting data.

And you’re right, you would need a whole lot more data to get a view of the whole picture.

1 Like

Minshew , Big Ben and newton are all big time players , all should be ahead of stafford . Russel Wilson is the best quarterback in league because he makes most out of nothing consistently. DAk is a gamer too , can extend play

Yes Sir …Comparing QB’s on different teams against different opponents is hard enough , never mind the circumstances each is passing in …Chew on this… the QB numbers and the success one has when they are throwing with a lead or from behind is ridiculous …

So many variables , you can only remove so many when you compare , but it gets more accurate the more variables you remove …We can’t compare Brady , Rodgers and Stafford as a whole as it’s not remotely the same task based on what’s around them , who’s coaching them etc …but start with splits, remove 56 min of the game, leave only the most stressful of situations… games where you are tied or losing with 4 or less minutes to play . This removes a ton of variables, you have to score , the QB and the Offense against who ever you are up against, 56 min in and you are tied or losing for what ever reason , I won’t even go into wins or losses as the Defense sure as shit can let you down even if you scored as Rodgers is aware as his comebacks are effected by his defense letting him down …How do the QB’s perform ? These numbers are prior to the 2019 season

QB rating     Att     Comp%     Yds     TD's     INT's     Sacks 

A. Rodgers . . . . . . . … … . 86.2 . . … . . . 420 . . . … 55.4% . . . .3045 . . . …18 . . … . . . 11 . . … . … 29

M.Stafford . . . . . . . … . … . 84.7 . . … . . . 718 . . . … 54.5% . . . .4786 . . . …39 . . … . . . 11 . . … . … 37

T.Brady . . . . . . … . … . … 82.1 . . … . . . 563 . . . … 56.1% . . . .3842 . . . …33 . . … . . . 14 . . … . … 27

Stafford losses in every category going into the game from Coaching , scheme consistency, run game , defense , game planning , support staff, in Brady’s case O-Line play , yet Stafford is in every way right with the both of them

6 Likes

Thanks for all the stats . Let’s look a stat everyone understand

10 years , 0 playoff wins 0-10

Name me a quarterback who started all 8 years minimum and no playoffs win?

1 Like

Lol - and we can name the teams that failed that QB support wise!

Because you lack the intellect to understand that QB play is just a part of the total equation is not for me to explain to you , you clearly have no clue when you make statements like the one quoted above .